Do You Care What Others Think?

Does it matter to you what people think of you? Does it bother you when they don’t appear to like you, disagree with you or criticize you?

• Yes, it really bothers me
  • No, it doesn’t bother me at all
  • It depends who it is
  • Other

0 voters

1 Like

I’m very suceptible to the opinion of others. I don’t want to be, but I can’t turn it off.

6 Likes

It’s similar for me. It’s a little frustrating at times, I don’t want to care either. I’m getting better at catching myself from wandering too far down the path of worry. But it’s always there

2 Likes

I do to an extent. I mean I don’t want the Black people in my neighborhood to think I’m some type of racist skinhead, and I don’t want people to think I’m creepy or come across as predator.

But at the end of the day we really have no control over what people think.

2 Likes

I keep my mental guard up, so when I get blamed for something or put down in some way I don’t react emotionally. Sometimes at a later date it will seep through my armor.

3 Likes

It bothers me a lot.

The running commentary of telepathic behaviour of my brain reinforces this in a very bad way :frowning:

4 Likes

Sometimes it bothers me. Sometimes it doesn’t.

4 Likes

With people I respect and care about yes.
With people I don’t care about and respect I try not to let it bother me as much.

I think its bad to hold on to everyone’s criticisms. Even if its people you like, sometimes they won’t be looking at it from your angle or see the full picture.
My parents both really wanted me to work and have a career and they couldn’t understand why I was not taking steps to do that. Trying to talk about it never got anywhere. They treated me like I was being spiteful and lazy. But ultimately its not their choice to make.

2 Likes

Professional life, yes (I got a raise this week, so that’s a large part of it).

Personal life, no. My self-esteem doesn’t require the validation of others.

3 Likes

Couldnt give a monkeys what others think of me. I used to. I really used to care about such things. But not anymore

3 Likes

You be like:

KISS MAH PUG, THUG.

:heart:

2 Likes

Yes lol 1515151515

1 Like

Depends who it is. If it’s a stranger I don’t care but if it’s my own husband I do

3 Likes

You asked “Dou you care what others think?”. What others think about me is none of my business. They are perfectly capable to form their own opinions and totally entitled. Now, I am concerned about how I am making people feel. I want to make sure that I am behaving in a manner that is not making other people uneasy and that I’m not doing something so bad that it’s causing hardship for others. In that way, I care.

2 Likes

On meds I become more submissive. Sucks.

3 Likes

sometimes and yes it depend on who it is :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I seem to attract the attention of abusive people and that bothers me, because they are so full of it.

1 Like

I don’t give a damn.

1 Like

Same with me. 9 people can say I’m great but a 10th one say I’m awful. Outwardly I’ll strongly deny being awful , but inwardly I’ll be thinking I’m a crap person.

2 Likes

It depends who it is for me. There is one buddy of mine in particular, who is a little shallow and reminds me of high school. For some reason his criticisms get to me. Even though intellectually, I know it’s nonsense. It’s a little annoying. But people at large, I don’t really seem to give a ■■■■ like I used to