I’ve gone off dating again

All this dating ? Meh? I simply don’t care. This happens every time… maybe the guy I’m talking to is a nice guy but I’ve never warmed to him since the start I don’t feel attracted to him. I thought he’ll grow on me but after him bringing up sex and asking me questions and even telling me insecurities about erm… I do feel I need to end it but how I don’t want to hurt his feelings. I think he’s said too much but I’ve revealed too much.

Take a break from dating for a month or so and see how you feel about it. Have you been on any dates yet or have you just be texting each other?

I met him and he is sweet but yesterday starting prying a bit and then he told me he was you know “not endowed”. I’m not sure if this is what put me off or the fact he was asking too much about how I was with the other person and what I did.

Are you happy to be single? You appear to be. Maybe you haven’t found the right guy yet. It takes time to find someone you really care about.

1 Like

Am I happy to be single ? Well I can only say I’m not happy to be with idiots and most of them have been. All of them in fact. Except this one but I feel I said too much.

1 Like

I’d guess it was some kind of a ploy to get you into bed with him. It was an attempt to arouse your sympathy and make you want to reassure him so that he won’t give up on wanting to satisfy women. That ploy doesn’t work that often. This guy just wasn’t your style. Remember that song by Paul Simon - “There’s Fifty Ways to Leave Your Lover”.

2 Likes

But he sounded genuine. And one time a few weeks back he was going to a wedding and he had hired a car. I don’t know if this is connected but he said he wanted to amuse me … the car was long and that’s all I needed to know apparently. Then didn’t message for a few hours. That messed with my head . Wtf?

You could just stay friends with him and look for another person to date at the same time. Being that you haven’t kissed (I’m assuming) I don’t think you have to do anything to keep things like that

1 Like

I see what you did there. Sidestepped the question. Now I’m curious though, are you happy to be single?

1 Like

So he’s small and he’s conscious and that will get him my sympathy. He’s the only decent guy I thought I knew.

It really is dependent on how I’m feeling :confused: so it’s difficult. Plus it’s all I know.

I have not kissed him.

1 Like

It’s a really important question though. It’s like you’re looking at a menu deciding what to eat, but you haven’t asked the question first, am I hungry?

1 Like

Lots of people can sound very genuine when they want something, and, at the time, they probably really do feel what they are saying. The thing to do is decide if a person is going to take from you anything you can’t do without, like maybe your self esteem and/or your bank account. If you don’t feel a threat to those or to anything else then give this guy a chance. He might turn out to be really good for you.

1 Like

It’s somthing I want not need :confused:

Hey, didn’t this guy tell you at first he just wanted to be friends?

1 Like

aw :frowning_face:

Maybe this is why he is sweet to you, he is somehow insecure about his body? It is very important to men if I am understanding the situation correctly. Maybe he is asking you questions because he is very insecure.

If you are not attracted to him but like him as a person, don’t give up. You can never find ‘all’ in one person.

It is a stupid theory anyway.

2 Likes

Yeah we are friends but then he stated talking about it.

I think he’s insecure too. And I just spoke to him via phone and I still like him so I’m going to continue chatting.

2 Likes

You need a “Guiding light” "As The World Turns.
“All My Children” agree.

3 Likes