I totally appreciate being up all night and asleep all day is an avoidance behaviour but it really helps me

I am up at a respectable 10am and am hating every second of it. Just terrified

1 Like

How does it help?

1 Like

There is little to no activity at night. It’s like living in a post apocalyptic age.

During the day there’s too much going on. The sound of cars, barking dogs, people yelling etc etc.

No responsibilities at night.

3 Likes

That is exactly why I stay up at nights

3 Likes

I think the same thing.
Day is so difficult. So boring

2 Likes

You sound like you need a Support Worker @anon94176359 (do you have one already, or have you had one in the past)? One that you can spend time with at home until you get to know and trust them, then later on accompany you out of the house to visit family, appointments etc. then move on to clubs and groups. They are good company and a great form of social interaction if you are lacking friends. They are great at building confidence to the point where I am now able to go to coffee shops, shopping etc. and will be attending a yoga group soon. It gives me a sense of purpose and a reason to get up in the morning, to have a shower and get dressed on the days that my support worker is coming.

All this support is thanks to the new National Disability Insurance Scheme here in Australia where funds are allocated for support services to people with either physical disabilities or mental illness dependant upon their severity. I really hope they have something similar in the UK for you.

Avoidance is not the answer, what confidence you have will only diminish and your fears and anxiety may worsen. :neutral_face:

I’m tempted to try day sleeping now.

1 Like

Try it, just don’t let it fall into a complete schedule.

I alternate here and there.

My housework is usually done at night. I seem to come alive when its dark. I actually like winters when the whethers bad - that way i dont mind that im not going out. Doing the weekly shop round tesco is bliss at 5am - no queues, and no people to piss you off either.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.