I thought this was suposed to be a recovery oriented site

Posting about your drug problems is fine as long as it’s recovery-oriented.

5 Likes

What if you have a medical marijuana card?? Hypothetical situation. But in my state we can have medical marijuana for ptsd which very often accompanies schizophrenia. I mean then a doctor has determined marijuana is beneficial to you. I’m guessing you’d still say to avoid that talk. And go to a ptsd forum instead, but yeah… right?

1 Like

Exactly. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s a valid topic and worthwhile addressing!

Weed in some parts of the world is just about legal. Alcohol is legal most places.

The key is that we shouldn’t be encouraging people to use. I’ve had problems with both in the past and it’s great to have that conversation. People who do well on either can be triggers for those who don’t do well. That is a serious concern for the community.

I applaud the current moderation. Sometimes you need to have the conversation if it’s well handled by all concerned. It’s a thread by thread approach but we shouldn’t be encouraging bad behavior.

We all need to be mindfull of others triggers. Substance abuse can rule your life and that isn’t good for anyone!

8 Likes

Dont you think this is a bit on rationaling side?!?

Those reports state how cbd works and that are already approved medicines out there with the exact same actions.

Post promoting cbd oil, which is still underinvestigation, really sends the message here to open the door to pot.

Other post promoting unapproved treatments such as diets or non-leathal vitamin over doses are also not allowed.

This rationalization of its use when there are other approved medicines with the same action is little more the selling of snake-oil remedies.

And you are quite nervy and in some kind of passive-aggressive denial to post this on a thread objecting to it and thinking I would not call you out on it.

Werr you born in such a neurological condition that you must wear a protective helmet 24/ 7 because you would other wise bash your head until death?

People born with neurological conditions and those with TBI can not use public health services or have more reasonalbly priced insurance because all those places and bussinesses are flooded with addicts

Flooded the point we are pushed aside and 95% of services are dedicated to those there with addiction and resulting MI.

Your post is a very selfish of you and I resent that. I also resent those who reply in the most snide way possible about this site not considering weed as “medicinial” and making it clear to new users their post are obligatory in manner.

If they resent not being able to talk about because they still use it then they have not accepted their addiction and still have work to do at rehab.

I also resent those who have posted things such as “well is there anothersite for people like you??”

Maybe they should re name the site "schizophrenia by addiction dot com.
We with TBI and neurological conditions are the only reason that such a branch of medicine called phychology and psychiatry ecist in the first place.

YOU MOVE!

I was actually thinking about this post while I was laying down earlier. To me, there are five stages of grief, this applies to substance-abuse also. But if you’re in denial about your substance-abuse, you might end up promoting it. If you’re in anger about your substance-abuse, you might end up promoting it. If your bargaining about your success abuse, you might accidentally promote it. If you’re in depression about it, you might not promote it, but it’s hard to have any stance. If you’re in acceptance then yes you will post good posts.

It makes no excuse for triggering posts, but you I understand where people are coming from? I understand it’s a very difficult subject, very difficult to moderate. I think Our moderators do a great job. The best they can.

2 Likes

This IS recovery oriented site, kudos to mods.
It’s a fine line between removing useful content and caring for healthy perspective of everyone here. And mods are successful so far in walking that line.

2 Likes

@anon12908646 maybe instead of complaining that the moderators don’t shut things down quickly enough, you can just flag the problematic posts you see. We shut down all talk of drugs and alcohol that is not recovery-oriented. But we aren’t omniscient forum gods who see all posts and make swift and decisive judgments. Sometimes, we are too busy to notice something. Sometimes, a post falls into a gray area, and we can’t decide whether it’s offensive or not until someone else flags it.

Don’t complain about posts not getting shut down if you’re unwilling to help out.

3 Likes

You’re of the belief that pot and all its derivatives are uniequivocally evil, and there is nuance to the debate. I just hashed out the problem aspect of it, THC, which seems to be horrible for schizophrenics to use.

But CBD on the other hand has therapeutic benefits. Here’s a thread by SzAdmin touting the benefits of it:

If a compound can convey antipsychotic properties without the memory and learning-compromising effects of typical and atypical antipsychotics, I’m all for it, in spite of “Reefer Madness” stigma.

1 Like

Unknown to many people several soldiers are knowingly asigned bogus diagnosis when they have severeMI.

PSTD was popularized to save face for soldiers who have come back addicted. (There are drugs sold in other countries).

It is the white lie to give them benifits for their service. Some may even develope addiction aftr serving and still be diagnosed as PSTD. The name schizophrenia is stigmatized and much easier to simply say they have something else.

The listing was no where near as common to day as it was 20 yrs ago after operation dessert storm and operation shock and awe after 9/11

There are articles if you look for them.

Blame others much?

It is my contention that trauma is one of the root causes of addiction in the first place. So to say A soldier who got addicted doesn’t have PTSD and it’s just a copout is not the truth my opinion.

1 Like

Go look for yhe articles please

I think you’re under the impression that we get paid for this. We don’t. This is all something we do in our limited free time, between school and jobs. If you have a problem with a post, flag it. If you don’t, you lose the right to complain that we didn’t see it.

4 Likes

I am addicted to both. While I’ve been clean and sober for a long time, I no longer crave alcohol. I still crave pot and cigarettes daily. It blows my mind when people say weed isn’t addictive because it sure as hell is. As a result of my experiences, it bothers me to have people discussing drug and alcohol use in a community I use to support my mental health and recovery.

5 Likes

I’m trying to help lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry, brother, PTSD is real. It’s not a bogus diagnosis. Also, there’s nothing wrong with taking supplements.

At least you put this in the correct category.

6 Likes

As a fomer mod, I second what @Ninjastar just said. The role is completely unpaid. Further to that, there are so many posts, it’s impossible to read them all. I know, I’ve tried. Worse, the search function in discourse is farkin’ useless – it brings up everything BUT the threads you’re looking for. Moderators depend on users flagging problem content.

3 Likes

I never said PTSD was not real. I am saying I have read about being assigned and doctors actually telling soldiers their real opinion then asking the soldier or advising the soldier to accept PTSD as a diagnosis.

And no, I do not look down on soldiers, if your wondering. And yes, I am aware the the diagnosis is given to others too.

Tje whole purpose of this is to call people out for underhandedly endorsing addiction to new users.

PTSD isn’t a made up disorder. I’m pretty sure it causes physical changes in the brain. They’ve done studies that shows ptsd is like a brain injury. I can’t wait till they have tests to show whether you have ptsd or not so I can know for sure.

2 Likes