I posted about my experiences on a drug message board

How I was doing so well, how I used to have hallucinations, 40 days sober, on meds, etc… And some guy responded “everybody gets hallucinations ! I recommend you to read ancient texts, mankind is known for its hallucinations blah blah”

The other people were supportive like “good job man stay strong”. But one guy was trying to tell me my experiences aren’t schizophrenia or anything but normal…I guess going to the mental hospital six times is normal…to him. He was pretty much telling me I shouldn’t take meds and stuff because there’s no such thing. Lol wtf. Crazy ppl.

2 Likes

Yeah. I’ve gone to Independent Scholars in Moline, and the woman speaking was a beauty queen pageant winner with bipolar, and they ripped her apart. I did my best to defend her and my own illness.

My brother still says all the time, everybody has stress, it’s just life, you don’t have PTSD. My aunt will say, everyone has had a hard childhood, get over it.

Anyway, I’m sorry that’s happening Jon, just keep educating, and holding strong. glad you did it.

1 Like

Lol of course the Normie’s who can’t understand…don’t understand…how could they…no worries…

1 Like

also Jon, it’s a fact for me, that if I smoke pot, let alone do anything other,
I will hallucinate.

can they explain why that is?

1 Like

The lack of empathy in society is astounding. Don’t let it get to Jon. There’s just some people that aren’t willing to know more than they feel they already know and they are the ones that will never accept.

2 Likes

Yeah I ignored that one guy and paid attention to the support I got from the others. Take the good, leave the bad. They teach us in aa.

1 Like

ahhh, Idk, I’ve always been a debater.

1 Like

If he thinks hallucinations are normal maybe he is schizophrenic but in denial. Assuming he wasn’t just trolling you or something. Mankind may be known for hallucinations like Tesla had a dream or hallucination or something that guided him into discovering how to generate AC. You should’ve asked him to explain what exactly are these famous hallucinations. Maybe its just my mood I’m slightly curious what he would say.

1 Like

I think Jesus is the most famous example of a guy who experienced hallucinations. Whether Jesus was sz or not, no one really knows. But I always liked to believe he was.

1 Like

What Gilgamesh is way more famous…first book ever written…he’s been around well before Jesus…and your holy book even has him with a name chang …Noah…but he did so much more…

1 Like

You’re running into a lot of obnoxious people recently JJ. Pay them no mind.

1 Like

I have Sz and I have had 3 psychotic episodes. One where I believed if I died, I would remerge as God. I took all my meds and cut my wrist. Got the scars to prove it. I told this to one guy along with the fact that I can’t work right now due to my illness and he said “has anyone ever told you, you just need to get your s hit together?” I said “not anybody who is educated on the subject. No” Can’t get around that there will be ignorant, judgmental people. Let it roll off your back as best you can.

If only you would follow the shamanic wisdom, you too could become one with The Force.

(Friggin’ whackdoodles.)

1 Like

I went to a borderline forum for a while. I got so frustrated within a few days like I literary had to deal with myselfs lol

But yeah your experience sounds familiar. Those are exactly kind of things that drug people would say.

1 Like

what does “I spit on your grave” mean in your profile pic,

is that some kind of internal conflict, or external?

It means I like to watch movies. (:

I think he was expressing a popular theory that religion is a form of mass psychosis. He clearly didn’t know what he was talking about in your case. You were right to dismiss him.