I thought this was suposed to be a recovery oriented site

I think there is something bad wrong with me.

I joined this website claiming to be recovery oriented but that cant be.

I keep seeing people causual mention of drinking and smoking weed and derivatives of it.

I keep think it MUST be some kind of hallucination that people who have gone through the trouble of getting diagnised and prescribed are unaware this might have something to do with it.

It is just so bizzare!

I am convienced this whole website is just something I made up in my mind cause no ever ask questions like “what is psychological dependance?”

Or “I need help. I am in rehab and going through some withdraw still. How do I know the dfference between with draw symptoms and medicine side effects?”

Not one single question about addiction.

Did I make this place up?

4 Likes

This place really is here, but It is for not the timid. Some still have issues not just dependencies but mental ones as well.

1 Like

I too am shocked to know that so many people are consumers of illicit drugs and alcohol on here.
I learned my lesson in college and don’t drink booze or do drugs, haven’t touched the stuff in years.
Lots of people using tobacco also.

No, it’s not your imagination @anon12908646.

I quit cold turkey years ago.
Cigarettes will kill you eventually.

6 Likes

I am not timid. I am fed up and sarcastic.

1 Like

I still use marijuana and alcohol on occasion. I go through long periods where I don’t because of it’s negative affects. But I still fall into bad patterns when my moods become very high or low where I’ll spend the majority of the day smoking weed or rushing to put whiskey in my coffee cup. It’s all very secretive as well… Dependent on them at times for sure.

I am not shocked by users of illicit drugs, rx abuse or anything.

I am shocked they speak nothing of rehab and then seem to exspect miracles of medicine and treatment.

They know ****nnnnnoooottthhhing ***** about what causes symptoms in the least. No education of it at aallllll.

Either I am dreaming or they are!

4 Likes

Yeah there is a lot of prescription drug abuse also.
I personally feel that threads discussing drug use or glorifying drug use should be locked or deleted.

Not unless it leans towards recovery.

4 Likes

Thank you, finally someone said it!

Unfortunately, i am feeling fustrated and should probably not be posting.

It just burns my a** more than a 3 ft flame that people are out there that never should have had this.

Mean while, here I am born with a neurological condition as my own cause, and their are still going back to the source of their illness!

I realky just need to log off. Thanks. I gotta go though.

5 Likes

Occasionally, but they tend to get drowned out by those actively using.

Well, not really shocking. There’s a huge correlation between mental illness and substance abuse.

26 years clean and sober here and still attending AA regularly.

4 Likes

Good for you. I have to get back to those rooms, I just keep putting it off.

4 Likes

There are varying levels of recovery.

2 Likes

Folks, if you see posts about drug or alcohol use, that are not recovery-oriented, please flag them to alert the Moderators.

10 Likes

I quit smoking and do not do drugs or drink alcohol.

Buuut …

I think I understand those who still do.

When I was hearing voices 24/7 tormenting me and psychological torture the only thing that made me not hear them was being ridiculously drunk or being asleep.

Maybe I did binge drinking to not hear them but always behaved very bad and got in to mischief.

I was a wierd child who did not belong and I may of been a schizo child as I had symptoms before I ever tried any cigarettes drugs etc

I was on so much medication back then that I was driuling saliva .

I had so much medication my speech was slurred etc but still heard voices and none of the meds seemed to remove them and when I quit some of them I think I got better strangely enough.

I nolonger smoke or drink alcohol.

I do not think attacking people and hating on them helps the abusers of substances .

Positive encouragement

Also sometimes others were in my body steering me with hate and jealousy.

They ridiculed my low iq by saying iiiiiii this n that n steering my body into badness because they hate me.

I even slapped my face trying to make them leave.

I also hit my hand with a cane for a long time till my hand was swollen and said this abuse can be seen and proven but the voices etc can not be seen nor proven.

One of the reasons I can’t function socially is because a intense guy is in my body making it feel hysterical and overwhelming etc

He and I should talk
Them and I should talk because

I think I work with my eons etc

It’s not fair on me
It should be seen etc

Yeah, I get that, too. I hear, “Don’t you want this? Look, we have food and you don’t.”
I don’t care what other people have. Good for them.
And the ever popular, “We need you to be emotional. Why aren’t you emotional?” Uhhhh…because I’m not.

1 Like

I think you’re sweet and you deserve the best, @SacredNeigh7.

3 Likes

Ive spoken a couple of times about my alcohol problems on here and the odd penchant for weed - so i hope i havent offended anyone, but i did mention about quitting the stuff when i post! You got me all paranoid now! x

Irresponsible, ignorant marijuana use is potentially damaging and can cause psychosis, and even trigger schizophrenic symptoms in people susceptible to it.

There is a THC to CBD ratio to consider, where THC causes psychotic symptoms and can trigger schizophrenia in susceptible people, and CBD is more of an antipsychotic, which is where the potential for therapeutic use comes from.

CBD on its own has some scientifically proven potential to reduce schizophrenic symptoms, but that doesn’t mean people should just go and consume high-CBD, low-THC marijuana oil, they should talk to their doctor first, and get him/her on board. If a person can’t do that much, then he/she shouldn’t be messing around with CBD.

4 Likes

Lol thank you and back at ya!

:blush::metal:t5::two_hearts:

:icecream::lollipop::birthday::doughnut::cookie:

2 Likes

I don’t discuss about drugs, I flag posts about it

2 Likes