I thought it was funny. Him?: not so much

Ok, so last night I had to get out of the house. Neighbor problems. I needed space and fresh air.

It was midnight so I needed to pick up some items for some new recipes I’m trying anyways and Safeway is open all night so I drove there. I walked in and saw this young kid, maybe 16 or 17 with what I thought was his friend, an older woman.

The first thing I noticed was the kid staring some people down and bugging them. None of my business so I did my shopping. At one point I was near the kid and his woman friend and the kid walked up to me really close and threatening. Too close. The woman gave me a sheepish grin as if to say, : Sorry, you’ll have to excuse him, he always does this to people."

Fine, “Better to run away and live to fight another day.”

So I moved on and I saw the two people again a couple times as I searched for stuff. I got my stuff and walked up to be checked out and here’s the kid again. He took one look at me and I saw fear in his eyes. He was scared. He backed away to get away from me. I didn’t do it on purpose, I was just standing in line. But I just grinned at him (a tiny bit evil). And couple of people were watching him back off. I looked at him a tiny bit friendly to show I meant no harm, but then I said “screw” it and I glared at him and both of them walked away. I have a radar that goes off when someone realizes I am ill but it did not go off so I knew he wasn’t scared of me due to my illness and I always dress nice wherever I go and I am always well groomed. I don’t want anyone to be scared of me for my illness for obvious reasons.

I hate to say it but it felt good, the kid was obviously a punk (I know what that’s like though from having a friend with a low-rider when I was the kids age and we might have caused trouble some times). And the kid was bothering other people.

I like being out on my own at night occasionally but I don’t make a regular habit out it but the incident gave me a little confidence.

1 Like

Hat reminds me of when I’d be in the community with my autistic students and they would act in socially inappropriate ways. Are you sure the woman wasn’t his aide or his caseworker?

1 Like

I never considered it but I doubt it. They were both casually dressed and what caseworker would bring a client alone to a store at midnight? They both looked like minor hoods, most likely"druggies".

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.