I think I'll live in the grocery store

IDK. People understand me in there. Two nights ago I needed a few things from the store like milk, butter, bread, cereal etc. It was 10:00 pm and armed with my list I went to the Lucky supermarket around the corner.

The later you go, the weirder the people so no one is going to look twice at me… So I find I can just space out and take my time and no one bugs me. I was looking at their bulk bins and some guy about 24 or 25 was walking with his girlfriend. They glanced at me and I glanced at them.

I thought I gave them a friendly look but the guy decided to be an a*hole and acted all tough and I just looked away and as they walked away, the girl was looking at him like he was some hero or something. Like he was her knight in shining armor who just vanquished the bad guy (me). It just irked me for some reason.

I should have let it go but I couldn’t. After about 5 seconds I strode around the corner and looked for them. They were in line and I was about 20 feet away. I just stopped and stared. The girl saw me first and then the guy saw me and I wiped that smile off both their faces. He started playing some game that I’ve seen many times before, acting crazy, trying to fool me. I was pissed and I just stood there. Half the time when this stuff occasionally happens I can’t even tell if I’m acting or serious myself, but it feels good and I’m glad I did it. It was even a little fun.

2 Likes

go to walmart at 3am and you will find people there that APs can’t help.

3 Likes

What did he do, sneer at you? I’m a little confused about this part.

Walmart is a great place to get ideas for your next hairstyle.

:blush:

4 Likes

Lol. I’ve been shopping at Walmart at 3am many times. I wonder if I’m one of those that can’t be helped.

1 Like

Haha I’ve had this thought too. I always used to grocery shop at night with the weirdos and then one day it dawned on me… Holy crap I’m also a weirdo. :smile:

4 Likes

Lol. I know, me too.

3 Likes

Lol, I didn’t know my thread was going to bring out all the weirdo in all of us.

1 Like

@trelos

next time I fill out a phq-9 I am afraid I will have to check the ‘poor appetite’ box.

Gag!

1 Like

Hmm. I go shopping when a store opens at 6am or earlier because hardly anyone else is there at that time.

I’m that girl you’ll see in the Walmart coffee aisle with the messy hair and Minions pajama bottoms.

4 Likes

Uh, no top? Cool.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.