I think I need help on coping skills during a psychotic episode

I’m not doing well. I’ve been getting worse and was on and off different meds a lot lately because nothing is really working. I’m at the point where my delusional thinking is making me feel very frustrated and I can’t do anything because almost anything ends up being a trigger.

What can I do to distract myself while I start taking Zyprexa again to take my mind off things?

I’m really losing it and am getting a lot of negative thoughts about life. Thinking about suicide, but that’s okay because I’d probably just ■■■■ it up so I’m not likely to do that as surviving would only make things more depressing.

Currently I’ve been spending a few weeks just sitting in front of the computer. Not even using the computer, I just sit there mostly. I can’t watch TV or play games, for some reason I just get weird or depressed doing those. Before this came about I was in a manic hyped up state. I don’t know what to do, please help.

If you have negative thoughts/depression or if you’re suicidal you might need antidepressants in addition to antipsychotics.

1 Like

I’ll look into that. Ty.

1 Like

It’s not bad to ask for help if you need it. Often these things need the medications to get you out of the funk.

If you are feeling suicidal or having a mental health crisis, please tell someone — a friend or family member, a teacher, a doctor or therapist or call 911 (if you’re in the U.S.) or the Emergency Medical Services phone number in your country.

You can also call a crisis intervention hotline—these are available in the U.S. and in many other countries. You do not need to be actively suicidal to benefit from a crisis hotline.

International crisis hotlines:

Crisis hotlines in the U.S.:

More resources:

I can relate to just sitting in front of the computer. That’s pretty much all I do.

Yea tell a psychiatrist you might need another med or an increase. If ya have a psychiatrist. I’ve felt like that before too it gets better trust me

I always think it’s real when I’m psychotic I don’t believe there’s triggers or that it’s a delusion either. Just take the zyprexa and talk to your doctor and if it’s an emergency than call 911 or go to the nearest hospital. Don’t give up!

One time I came back from the hospital and then I went back to emergency room because I still didn’t feel well you have to get better no matter what

Thanks for the words of hope. Idk why but for me it was 2-3 months of total delusion with no insights, last couple of months it’s been a couple days of insight then a week of delusions. I guess I should count myself lucky that I get moments of insight. I need to seize those moments and get help.

1 Like

Insight is good I think your getting better just keep taking the zyprexa

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.