How to cope with suicidal thoughts

So after a series of poor life events that are out of my control I’m getting really really low. I haven’t been this low in a long time. I’m having urges to down my meds

1 Like

I know the feeling I’ve been feeling this way for a while now. Just find something to hold on to and find people to be around I’m doing it right now as we speak. It’s hard though but keep your head up

3 Likes

I feel the same way too. But I just have to take one day at a time and survive for my husband sake

4 Likes

That’s for starters.

If you’re not feeling bad enough to call the hotline, then I’d suggest being around family / friends until the feelings blow over.

You could also try picking up an easy hobby like some high-rated casual game and sinking time into that.

If the feelings stick around through all that, it could be time to seek medical help.

The cheapest anti-depressant, I find, is a B-complex, since low B-vitamins are tied to depression, and dosing that can make a difference in mood fairly quickly.

3 Likes

I hope you get through this. You have lots of people on here willing to listen to you and share advice.

2 Likes

I had a long talk with my mom about depression flaring and it calmed me down a bit

1 Like

Have you tried a happy lamp for seasonal affective disorder? It really does help.

1 Like

I don’t understand why but some days I get into a state of suffering. After a while of that, a door seems to open to the possibility of suicide. Then I feel even worse. It takes maybe 30 minutes or a hour or two to get back out of that. What helps me is close support from family and my social worker. Something that works very well for me is to take a slow walk through department stores looking at the products. Also it seems that any type of activity helps. I guess I am fortunate that the suicidal thinking goes away.

Glad you’re feeling a bit better. This is a rough time of year.

1 Like

I’m glad your mom helped you. Please don’t hesitate to seek out professional help if you need it, though. Also, SAD lamps really are great. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe you need the hospital until you either learn some coping skills or get a med change that helps. You shouldn’t have to feel that way.

1 Like

My mom has brought this up. I worry about cost though

I got mine for $40 on Amazon.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.