I think I might be getting kicked out

I was supposed to go to the shelter today to volunteer with my partner’s little sister but my mother in law said we can’t go because she thinks I will flip out and embarrass her or upset my partner’s little sister.

Later on the girls came over to the apartment and asked why I didn’t come back over after breakfast. I accidentally let it slip that my mother in law was mad at me.

Niece asked her grandmother why she was mad at me then I got yelled at by my mother in law and over heard my father in law say to kick me out. I just don’t know how my partner feels about all this she is at work

1 Like

They probably can’t afford to kick you out.

Don’t they take most all your money and rely on you for pet care?

6 Likes

Count this as a blessing, but they won’t kick you out, they need your money.

2 Likes

@Wave
@anon54386108.

Yeah you are probably right, my partner can’t voice an opinion until she gets home and most likely my in laws will expect her to be on their side. She pays 750 dollars a month to them. But she thinks we need her parents to help her get back and forth to work

Yeah, you tried to please everyone and do your best and just get along and not cause trouble and help around the house and you put up with all their sadistic verbal abuse for god knows how long and then as a thank you they are ready to ignominiously kick you one day whenever they feel like it. Those people are a piece of work.

Sorry @cbbrown I’ll be more sensitive to your situation and your state of mind from now on. I didn’t realize you were that stressed and symptomatic which forced to you end up in the hospital. I’ll try to tone it down, the last thing you need is to come here and get even more stressed by one of us.

That said, you need a little"push" every now and then, we all do.

3 Likes

They won’t kick you out if they can keep taking advantage of you, I can say that much. These kind of people wouldn’t know what to do without the extra money or pet care.

2 Likes

$750 per month might be enough to get your own apartment. I would recommend you check the rental listings in your city to see whether $750 is fair market value for the space you’re renting at your in laws, and also to see whether you can afford your own apartment away from your in laws.

6 Likes

That’s exactly what I was going to say.

If anything you should be able to kick them out :expressionless: They’re garbage people

3 Likes

It’s ok I just can’t do anything right in their eyes. I have group and I see my therapist monday. It usually helps do go to both. I know my partner isn’t going to take their side but try a way to make peace between us.

@Moonbeam I checked a few listings to be completely honest one is close to my partner’s work. It’s 600 a month for a duplex it’s pretty big but I don’t know if they will let my partner take the cats

2 Likes

You realize it’s them, not you?

2 Likes

Good job looking up rental options! @cbbrown

So it sounds like your in laws are also overcharging you and your partner for rent compared to the going rental rate in your city. :slightly_frowning_face:

I would recommend talking with your partner about the situation and show her the rental listing.

It seems like you’re being taken advantage of by your in laws in terms of not being treated well and being overcharged for rent.

3 Likes

I showed her but she said it’s a possibility.
My in-laws got new phones and my mother in law told my partner she was going to give me her old phone a Samsung Galaxy S6 edge. But when they went out earlier the phone got lost. My mother in law is blaming her granddaughter and my partner said they probably actually traded it in and are putting on a big show.

@77nick77 and @Moonbeam I know the phone thing was just them trying to keep me here. I also have a hard time accepting that not everything is my fault

1 Like

Hell, I still deal with that problem. I’m still learning that I am not always wrong.

When you have bullies who crush your spirit, it’s hard to realize that.

2 Likes

maybe being kicked out would be a blessing in this situation. no one seems happy here from what you’ve said. Sounds like between you and your partner you have enough funds to start a new life together. All this outside interference just sounds too stressful. life is short maybe time to move on.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.