I think I might be asexual after all

I just don’t care. But it bothers me I’m in a relationship and I can’t.

1 Like

Hopefully your partner understands

1 Like

My wife is asexual, she won’t do anything sexual at all, not just sexual intercourse. I do wish she would do some things as I would really like that.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that. You must love her very much if you’re not asexual your self.

1 Like

I thought your partner was also asexual/100% on board with you being asexual. Did that change?

Mr. Star and I sometimes go through phases of feeling a bit guilty/insecure about being mostly ace, but then when we talk to each other, we can reassure each other that it is 100% okay with us (and actually how we prefer it)

2 Likes

not much fun being Asexual imo, like why are you holding back? i guess meds can flatten libido :frowning: side effects suck

2 Likes

Not many men are totally asexual, they often like some sexual things, even if they are not bothered about actually having sexual intercourse with another person.
I would think that ish’s boyfriend would like to do some sexual things with her, but thinks he is so lucky having such a cute girlfriend, that he doesn’t force her to do anything.

2 Likes

Sorry man, that’s tough

2 Likes

Oh sorry now I got the whole picture, I didn’t Mean to be insensitive. Of course your boyfriend is lucky to be with you and of course you should be together if you love each other.
My reply was for the one Who wished that his wife would be more into sex.

1 Like

Don’t be sorry for anything you have said. People start a thread on here because they want people’s opinions.
You were not being insensitive to me either.

2 Likes

It hasn’t changed but it really makes me wonder if I should be with him. Is ti fair?

1 Like

I sort of put asexual relationships in the same bag as close friendships but :man_shrugging:

That’s your way of seeing it. However I don’t see him as a friend. I’m too emotionally involved. I like him romantically … I have feelings for him but that doesn’t involve sex.

2 Likes

maybe you should get married then :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah but he’s not ready. Wants to live together first. Doesn’t feel a bit of paper means much :sob:

1 Like

I thinks its more than a piece of paper, it is celebration of love and togetherness, making vows that are supposed to last forever

1 Like

Wish he saw it that way.

You will be much happier when you stop forcing yourself to try and live up to the standards other people set in relationships. He doesn’t wish he could have sex with you. He doesn’t seem to want to have sex with you. He loves being around you and being your partner. Believe him when he keeps telling you that.

3 Likes

A sexual what?,…

2 Likes

How can I become asexual? My sex drive gets me in trouble and its uncontrollable. It was the worst on Abilify, now its calmed down on 6mg risperdal which lowered my testosterone and raised my prolactin. Maybe I should go up to 8mg or more.

1 Like