I struggle to believe that I have this

I would be interested to know what your delusions are, who’s voice you hear and what they say

1 Like

In the beginning of my illness, I was doing so well that I was kind of in denial and thought that my symptoms were an isolated part of my life. Years later, the illness kicked me in the butt and now I choose to believe that I have the illness because the alternative is unthinkable. I have really bad and dangerous delusions.

I’ve been diagnosed Paranoid Schizophrenic for 8 years now.

1 Like

My main one was that a shadowy government agency was testing microwave weapons on me and harrassing me as part of a clandestine experiment. I was also getting spiritual truths about life revealed to me through metaphors on TV and Youtube.

I also thought I’d been initiated into a secret society like the freemasons, only more secret and that they were telepathically communicating with me and telling me what to do with my life.

The meds have cleared up most of that and the voices. The voices were sometimes people I knew, Government operatives or members of the Freemasons etc. They would usually just comment on what I was doing or thinking, only sometimes they would get really critical and nasty.

1 Like

@anon21849028

I don’t think doctors give out the sz label lightly, but I understand your doubts.

@MissJennyJen

I have the same diagnosis as you. It sounds like you have found that fully accepting it is really useful. I am also doing well at the moment. They last time I was ragingly psychotic was nearly 3 years ago.

I also struggle to believe sometimes that I have sz. And that I’m faking it. On my meds I’m doing very well so I forget I have sz at times - until Alien pays me a surprise visit.

1 Like

I’m the same way. I’ve recently been missing my shot appointments bc I don’t believe I need the meds. Even though I hear voices and have depression. They think I have delusions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.