I recall my convo yesterday with my cousin

I told her I was out of work. She says so you are sitting at home? I said to her I’m sorting myself out. and I am sorting my dx out with my psychiatrist. I also don’t want to end up with a psychosis. Yes I have made plenty of wrong decisions to quit jobs, but I did because of fear I will lose my mind. I simply don’t want to spend 6 months out of work.

It’s stupid. The amount of times they complain how we treat grandma. it is not easy to care for a 95 year old. she is very dependent on us. She wants things instantly. And I mean instantly. She cannot wait one minute with a blank screen on tv… she shouts and paniks… to them we are not paying attention. They won’t take her to their house as they have no toilet downstairs. Yeah, we have a portable toilet they can use. there is a million ways to find a way…i don’t blame my grandmother but it is tough for us too and sometimes she doesn’t make things easy. she will not wear her sanitry pads, she covers the floors, she spits everywhere… I get angry at grandma i addmitted it to my cousin… i might look bad but i don’t care. she isn’t helping. her mum tells my mum not to even leave the house but mum needs a break… she has breaks too.

1 Like

It’s easy to criticize when you’re watching someone else do the work

1 Like

I’m not gonna lie I do lose my cool with grandmother at times. But if she wants to complain constantly at least offer to look after her. She comes to see her once a year.

1 Like

Yes exactly. She thinks she can do better? Try it or ■■■■. (sorry a little harsh i know)

1 Like

Huh ?! :astonished:

She doesn’t like to wear the pads provided to help the incontinence . It is not easy to wash this off the floors , the bathroom and carpets. And she spits … she rubs snuff on her gums she puts water in her mouth and spits to clear it. Cos she doesn’t want to walk to bathroom.

I’m sorry to hear that.
My grandma is 85 and still has impeccable manners.
I dunno if she will live to 95, but for the time being everything is ok.

1 Like

That sounds incredibly challenging.

Caregivers really deal with a lot of stress. More than most jobs. It’s not just me saying there’s been studies.

If you’re managing not to lose it on a grandma who pees and spits on the floor, that’s huge.

1 Like

I hope she is ok and lives long :slight_smile: I love my grandmother and it’s not her fault but I do feel like it’s not right for me to be in that house when I talk to her like that we are not healthy for each other v

Maybe she has some early dementia. Don’t take her seriously…

1 Like

I feel you, I’m the caregiver of my grandmother and nobody helps me, they only come to criticize me.

1 Like

I know right @zeno , all want to critise but no one wants to helps.

2 Likes