I really don't like my sister-in-law

I can’t tell my brother this. But, I just really dislike my sister in law. I think she has played a part of triggering my schizophrenia episodes. I don’t know why, but I think she really looks down on me and underestimates me. I caught her saying “He’s too stupid.” once in my living room before she married my brother, and I felt like she was talking about me. I don’t think they are just voices in my head, because I can really tell the difference between real voices and schizophrenic voices.

Every year, I like to cook… and I think I am being very nice to her. But she comes off very insincere when she tries to be appreciative. She is very very mean to me. Maybe it’s because she was a cheerleader in the past and that attitude brought her like that? :joy: But, I’m telling you… yesterday I was just on my phone watching videos, and she made a greeting to come at the door of my house. When I greeted her back, she mumbled in a very low voice “Dirty.” and when I said Huh? very loud to her to show if she said something, she covered it up and asked “Where’s my baby???” etc.

I’m telling you… she really freakin’ bugs the hell out of me. My sibling and parents have to be nice to her because she and my brother have a child that they love. But, I am really starting to feel that I’ve been harrassed and abused by her mentally. It makes me really sad. I think I want to stop being nice to her. I have voices (can’t tell if theyre real or not), with her saying to not love me. And she’s standing there right around me if i’m not looking at her. She can be quite deceitful because I knew her since I was in high school and I know what she did last time with my brother when they were both in MY ROOM.

Really, I couldn’t sleep yesterday because of the gesture she gave me yesterday. She gets away with everything and tries to act and show that she’s good in front of everyone. I’m tired. I’m hungry. And I want to live far away from here!!!

Just needed to voice this out. Thanks for being here for me.

I don’t like mine either she is such a covert narcissist that gets involved in people’s drama just so she can get attention and make her feel superior and somehow make it all about her and her righteousness complex she has. I just play along so I don’t become a target of her mean ways. I rarely even speak to her if at all possible. She is so awful. I get it totally, and am so sorry you have someone like that you have to deal with. You either have to play their game and pretend everything is ok and limit contact, or cut them out totally. Just my opinion though…

1 Like

I mean… I know it’s not nice to complain so much about people or anything but yeah… I really think I should cut her off from my life. When she’s being nice to me, she really seems very fake. I know i’m not the smartest person in the room, or the most hardworking one, but does she not realize what she’s done to me? I can be really scared when ever i’m around her because I know she will have a way to criticize me. or find faults of me. She knows she thinks im a loser, because she’s younger than me and married to my brother with a very pretty looking child. And, here is me, a person who applied for disability welfare, no girlfriend, no job, and no material wealth.

I think she called me a loser to my brother once to9, or twice (god knows how many times when i don’t overhear stuff). I have a diploma in mass communications but i think it’s worthless. I just really want to learn to make great food from great chefs via cooking classes, and get a job at a restaurant without going to university. And, play tennis on happy days with new friends, and learn karate to release tension and stress. You think I can do it? I really wanna do it. This is one way and a reason for me to get out of the house when my sister in law comes.

I say make yourself scarce or conveniently unavailable. Whether it be school, a hobby, a religion, a doctor appointment, or just going out with a friend. If you are busy enough, there will be no time in your life for the person. Ignore calls, decline invitations, what ever you feel like you need to do to feel happy. It works for me. I just make it clear that am not able to do something. You can do anything you want to, it’s your life not your sister in laws life.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips/advice. Your words are truly appreciated. Now, all i got to do… is wait until Ramadan is over. Then is go out and embark my new journey in the world! Where are you from btw, @Michel?

I am in the USA. Good luck to you!

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.