Schizophrenia.com

I reakon what i went through was

i reakon what i went through was biblical in a certain sense

One of my psychotic breakdowns involved Religion…I get where you’re coming from.

I felt a bit like Christ had returned to Earth in the form of a $hit joke Artist like myself. I’ve been better off since that experience. It really humbled me. I post nicer…treat those around me with more respect…and am generally a better person because of it.

If every cloud has a silver lining, then this was the upshot of one of my trips through Hell.

2 Likes

Do you mean you realized it after you got well, or during the episodes? Because we usually find meaning after the fact, but persecution and delusion during it.

1 Like

Both during and after…enlightenment.

Yeah me too. And also like @Patrick it humbled me. Now I’m glad I’m a nobody :smile:

2 Likes

I hear ya, @Minnii

I kept wandering around the Psych Ward telling everybody…"I’m NOT Christ…and I’m NOT Hitler!! I’m just Patrick and I just want my little job and family life back!!

2 Likes

i use the word ‘‘through’’ because i am on the other side of it now, and in a much better place

I’ve thought I was both Hitler and Christ. That I was in hell cuz I was Hitler, or I was the Chosen one aka Christ.

1 Like

I mentioned this on the site already, but I’ll tell it again with details. I thought I was god, and in the ward there was this guy that thought he was the devil… and we kinda helped each other. We were on the same group therapy, and I went on talking about my exboyfriend who abused me, and he came to say he was sorry about it, that he really hoped it wasn’t his fault. That was a reality check for me, it was not my fault (as I thought at the time) or his fault the guy had nothing to do with it… We hugged. Pretty beautiful moment.

3 Likes

i had the delusion me and the devil raped every person in the world and god punished me by being in hell, and a 100,000 different deaths i was going to get

the ‘‘fear’’ drove me nuts

When I thought I was Hitler I thought even if I killed myself I would be re-incarnated back into Hell…so there was no avoiding it. Probably good I thought that.

But then I thought “Wait, I’m not racist…And I’m Jewish”, so maybe this is just a lesson to be taught…well first I thought “My dad’s Jewish and he’s part of the one punishing me through his bad parenting”…And I thought about a week before my grandfather died, he looked at me and then looked at my Dad and said “I love you”…and my grandfather fought in World War 2 as a Jewish American, so I thought that moment was my grandfather saying to my Dad “Thanks for ■■■■■■■ up Hitler reincarnations life”

Now I don’t blame my father and I’m on meds and I don’t have all these crazy thinkings and delusions anymore.

I also thought i was an alien in a robot society.

DAMN IM ■■■■■■.

2 Likes

us sufvifers of these wars should be honoured with medals of bravery for going through all this ■■■■

1 Like

@Minnii

I’ve mentioned this before…

During one of my stays at the Psyche ward there were TWO women who thought they were Christ!

A male patient I had befriended asked me…“Pat, if either one of these two women really is Christ, which one would you choose to go to council with??”

So I thought about it for a sec, and then in typical guy fashion, I replied…“The one with the biggest boobs!”

I was getting better and my sense of humor was kicking in… lol!

3 Likes

i can relate to all of your pain and hardship we are all in a way in the same boat, we carried the cross of suffering i offer up my suffering now because now i am a all round better person from it

2 Likes

Ahahah that’s funny.

A bunch of Christs walking around, and they say he hasn’t come back!

2 Likes

for composation i want big money in return

Yeah one of my psych ward stays I met a guy who was Moroccan and he kind of looked like Christ and thought he was Christ. We became friends. But I never told him I thought I was Christ. He was more open about it.

I wasn’t raised with any real religious education… I never thought I was Christ…

But I did think I was on the path be becoming a Zen master… a healer…

I think I was just trying to find calm within myself… so I was trying to bring others a sense of calm as well…

When I was in hospital… I used think I could only know mental calm if I lived mental chaos… That sort of thinking didn’t really help at all.

That’s how I kinda knew I was getting better too.

I also thought I was Christ and they were going to crucify me. Then when I realised the arrogance of my belief I thought I was the devil and was in hell. Or Christ-Devil that had been sent to hell. Dark times but I got through it. Now I’m just a regular wally.