Schizophrenia.com

I plan to ask Benzo today

I plan to ask for a daily prescription of benzodiazepine daily…since my treatment is broken I must try to fix it,so I hope to talk to my doctor and made him prescript me benzeodiazepine average dose daily…to fix the anxiety I am facing…

Glad you are consulting with your doctor first…
Good luck!

I think that is a good idea for anxiety, my proc only ofeels visceral for anxiety, and I refused it. A lot of pics do not like to prescribe benzoyl because they are addictive, but they sure help a lot with anxiety, good luck when you ask.

I hated being on benzos every day. Took 1mg lorazepam every 8 hours for a few months straight. It definitely helped my anxiety but I didn’t really care about anything else and was greatly disinhibited. When i switched doctors, they told me to stop taking it and only take prn. Stopping was a pain, luckily I didn’t develop an addiction, but got some serious depersonalization for the following weeks along with massive anxiety.

If you can take an alternative to benzodiazepines I would do this. I have been dependent on taking Klonopin everyday, now I am hooked.
Try taking Buspar or Neurontin (Gabapentin) or something else that is non addictive- if you must take a benzo, Klonopin and Ativan are good choices

I came back with an ssri escitalopram instead of benzo,hope it will help

Hey good luck with it @Mobc1990!
Good choice! :smiley:

I’ve got Oxazepam and Diazepam. But I only use them if I’m almost dying of anxiety. Pdoc told me to take Oxazepam in the evening, every evening for two weeks, to calm down so I would not hear voices. But she also increased my Abilify to 25 mg. Guess what, it’s working! I have no voices when going to sleep! I was pre psychotic and we stopped the circus before it started.

But I know I have to be verycareful with benz, I’ve been addicted to morphine and alcohol. I know how it is to stop doing them.

I was prescribed klonopin every day for six years. Six months ago a new dr wanted me to quit taking it. It was one of the most difficult things I’ve ever gone through. Plus on top of the withdrawls my Beloved started weakening and died. I was trying to stay with him in the hospital, watching him die and plan a funeral while withdrawling. All that in a one month time frame. I fortunately found a new doctor. She wanted me to go back on the klonopin. I told her there was no way I would ever take that drug again. I had no idea it was addictive. I wouldn’t want anyone to go through what I went through.

Sorry if that was a little much. It was just one of the worst things I’ve ever experienced.

That’s a good example of irony, given your username is ‘Joyful’.

You are right Apokalypz! That’s enough irony for me. Don’t ever want to do that again!

Was prescribed that initially. I couldn’t sleep for 4 months I had to stop it cold turkey. Took 2 months before I was able to sleep. Years later my sleep is still not the same as before.

My doctor took me off Klonopin when I told him I had given a couple of my pills to a girl who was jonesing for heroin.