I only feel safe in my room

Me too. I’ve never hung out with a schizophrenic before… I mean I kind of did at the mental hospital but I eventually got paranoid and thought she was talking crap about me (telepathically of course) to some of the other patients. And she was a lot lot lot older. And it seemed like she dealt with it much better than I did.

Yes. I need to work on this. My thoughts shouldn’t define me as a person. And they are right now. I’m more than just my thoughts.
I’m assuming your on meds, have they not helped? :confused:

It’s not the same in every case… but… with time it gets easy to go with the flow. Just entertaining those hypothetical whims of vengeance… the ultimate thing you can do is not lose yourself in the noise. Don’t lose yourself and strive to live as well as you can… make yourself a character that puts the telepathic ■■■■■■■■■ to shame…

I don’t frequently talk about meds any more… because people bite my head off about not taking them :smile:

but no I tried a bunch of antipsychotics… I just found it better for me to ride it out and try to heal naturally… it’s gonna take years but I’m dumbly reckless… I’ve even induced relapses from time to time to see how bad the psychosis could get in those states… Caffeine + Booze + Nicotine + Lack of sleep… and I will say the delusional side of things does get easier to not get lost in. The world is the same place it always was before the illness set in, either with secret telepathy or not… you just gotta see it that way… that’s what these supposed “telepaths” are doing…

Not meaning to support delusional thinking here… I’ve just had to do a lot hybridizing with my thinking so something can stand up consistently against the torrent

Hey I’m not on meds either atm. I don’t like the way they make me feel. They almost me feel even dumber than I already feel. But I am going to try them again. I look forward to seeing how the effect me but I am not looking forward to the weight gain. :’(

I like you. Lol I feel like we have a lot in common

1 Like

the feeling is mutual…

again I’m sorry. I do think over time on meds a sense of restored intelligence can be attained. Most of the folk on here are very functional and entertaining. Most all of them are on meds as well. Just takes time. APs really are just synthetic neural inhibitors that slow the brain down a bit… but it is supposed to give you a buffer and an edge over your minds tendency to get carried away on some delusional train of thought.

1 Like