I miss my youth< anyone relate?

Hey guys, as above, thoughts? , on a personal level, i really miss my youth, good times, friends, girlfriends ect, getting and feeling old now!

3 Likes

I miss having more energy, and not having health problems.
I don’t miss high school though. I had a lot of fun when I was younger. But I wouldn’t want to go through all the crap again I had to put up with when I was a teenager.

1 Like

Same here. I wish I had the energy I used to. Also the sex drive. The only thing I don’t like about being old is my arthritis.

It’s better to be older with schizophrenia in my opinion. The pressure and even desire to do all the things that seemed so important when you’re younger seems to vanish.

6 Likes

I miss my childhood days when my Mom was vibrant and healthy.

1 Like

A little bit.

I just want to be healthy enough to partake in youthful things now though. Don’t want to turn back the clock literally. Even if I remember what I learned.

1 Like

I don’t miss my youth. I lived through tragedy after tragedy, and was always fighting to survive. I much prefer my life now, when I have the resources and coping skills to properly handle stressors.

5 Likes

same here… lots of problems back then, and school was rough…

2 Likes

I miss living without schizophrenia I was so healthy and comfortable back then but I would want to live more controlled like I do now

3 Likes

I could live with ages 0-10. ever since then has been meh. Few bright spots here and there, but overall a net negative.

Oh, to be in my sixties again.

5 Likes

I feel like I missed out on my youth

2 Likes

I just can’t believe I’m 32.
And also, looking back at some memories makes me feel like I’m not young anymore.

But really it’s partially the meds

1 Like

I wouldn’t want to be young again. I like being in my mid 30s. This is the happiest I’ve been. Much more happier then when I was in my teens, more financially secure and confident in myself too.

1 Like

No, i didn’t like my youth :frowning: i was young and rebellious and i regret everything about it, the only time in my life i actually did anything good was the last 11 years of my life from 29 to now, the rest of my life i may as well have not been alive :frowning: if i hadn’t existed then i wouldnt be here to improve so that’s the only good thing about it,

same here :frowning:

1 Like

I prefer my life now too.:slightly_smiling_face:

I got no understanding when I was younger and was bullied and got hated and then voices and delusions etc but now I’m much better.
I became better when I met my x in sa.

2 Likes

A definite bonus to getting older, when I was young I remember having so much angst and fear of missing out. Now a days I’m content with my lot so long as things aren’t to difficult and my relationship with God is good

1 Like

I don’t. I had a terrible youth.
I do miss childhood a bit

1 Like

I am with you…turning 52 and alone too much. My 3 dogs keep me company, but have to keep my isolation positive by checking in with old friends sometimes

I miss middle school.

It was the last time I had friends and the last time I didn’t have serious mental problems.

That was ten years ago.

1 Like