I miss my friend Evy

When I was younger I had an older friend named Evy. She took me under her wing when no one else paid me a second thought, and she saved my life at one point.
Like me, she’d always been the odd one out.

We had a falling out a few years ago after she got onto drugs and started spouting racism and pro-drug nonsense on facebook. About a year later, she died from an overdose.
It’s been a couple of years.

My hair dried wrong yesterday, and today it kind of looks like the kind of hair she used to have. Made me think of her.

I miss her, and who she was before the drugs killed her brain and her soul.
Part of me wishes I’d remained friends with her, but honestly, she was gone long before she died. No one could reach her soul, and she didn’t think she needed help.

Still. I will never forget the friend she was when she was sober, and the kindness she showed me at a time no one else would.

Sorry, don’t know where I’m going with this. I suppose I just needed to get it off my chest.

15 Likes

It’s really tough to lose a friend to death.

I lost my best friend to suicide. Now everyone just feels sorry for me because of that and my schizophrenia.

I think it’s very kind of you to remember Evy and forgive her.

Take care.

6 Likes

I’m sorry. It is horrible to lose someone you love, even if they changed a lot before their death. It doesn’t really get easier over time.

1 Like

I’m sorry. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Condolences.

It’s never easy.

I’m sorry @Pikasaur

Sorry to hear about your friend… I had a cat named Eevee it never groomed and was all oily one day it ran off out of town and never came back

It’s never easy to lose a friend to death. Evy sounds like a gutty person. Feel your pain.

I’m sorry @Pikasaur .I think of my late friends every day.
That’s how I keep them alive.

1 Like

Thank you all for the support.
The year Evy died was a tough year for me. Lost 3 friends, and almost lost a 4th.
I don’t like that I’m reaching an age where I have to attend funerals for people my age.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.