I’m through with iPhones

OMG. Imagine all the cat pics people will see if they hack my Droid.

Honestly, I mainly use mine for music and Google Maps in my car. And as a camera.

1 Like

Mine has a lot of protected information on it from work, so I need to make sure it stays secure.

1 Like

iPhones are known to carry much cheaper batteries that have shorter battery lives and battery lives that decrease very quickly as the phone gets older.

3 Likes

I don’t use mine for work. Don’t even take it to work. Life is good.

:blush:

2 Likes

When my bf and I went to cricket they had an Apple phone for 1050.00 dollars. ■■■■ that. I laughed.

1 Like

I work from home, so lots of work stuff is stored on my phone. It’s because they want to be able to get a hold of me at any time. That’s my least favorite part about my new job. I get notifications all night unless I put it in Do Not Disturb mode, and then I miss notifications from my fun apps and friends texting me. I really need two separate phones, but we don’t have the budget for that.

2 Likes

If you want a phone that’ll last, buy basically anything but an iPhone. :innocent:
Apple is the king of planned obsolescence.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I know all about that. Primary reason I fled my career as an I.T. professional. The secondary reason being the non-stop certification/learning treadmill (lots of learning in insurance, but the knowledge there takes decades to go stale, not years).

Getting back to the original topic, iPhones were more secure, but are easily hackable now that they have fingerprint readers. Also helps that Apple is so agonizingly slow to patch massive holes. Horrified my co-worker by getting into his iPhone by bypassing the lock screen and using Siri to get to his cellular data setting a while back. He didn’t think I’d be able to get into his phone in under 10 seconds.

1 Like

That’s why I have the fingerprint reader and siri disabled. Partly why. Also because even the FBI fingerprint scanner can’t read my prints, so I have little hope for my phone. When I was getting certified for my old job, I had to go back five separate times because they kept rejecting my scans for “poor ridge detail.” I’m super excited to repeat the process in a month :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Outstanding! That will lock things down.

That could come in handy for robbing banks. Y’know, if you need a hobby.

:grin:

2 Likes

Handy for robbing banks, less handy for foster parenting.

1 Like

Oh, yes, we’re actually applying for that right now. I’m amazed they haven’t asked for a stool sample yet – they’ve wanted everything else and then some.

2 Likes

You can send me that stool sample, Pix.
I wouldn’t mind.

2 Likes

Really?! Congratulations! It’s such a process, but I’m excited. Are you doing foster-to-adopt, respite, or temp placement? Or maybe it all works totally different in the great white north. We’re doing foster-to-adopt.

1 Like

Yeah the problem with the newer iPhones is that they are very expensive.
The X starts off at $900 and the cheapest XS is $1000 bucks.

I really don’t want to be spending this kind of money on a cell phone.

1 Like

Perhaps this phone has better battery life because it’s newer. I had a samsung galaxy mega for like 4 years and the battery life sucked.

1 Like

Which phone do you own now?

Yeah the newer batteries are always better. Both because they’re fresher and because they’re more advanced. But apparently, batteries made now have much better longevity and will last longer.

2 Likes

iPhone 7 plus @Wave

1 Like

Here you go:

It’s a JANINGE from IKEA.

:blush:

2 Likes