I’m through with iPhones

Foster to adopt, looking for a girl 12 -14.

2 Likes

That’s exciting. Mr. Star and I are thinking about running a respite home for LGBT kids once our younger ones are grown up. We already sort of did that earlier this year, and it worked out pretty well.

2 Likes

That would be awesome. That’s a group that needs respite and then some.

2 Likes

That’s what I noticed with our previous tennant. He had been kicked out of his home for being gay, then forced into an abusive situation, and had just fled to the other side of the country because he heard my town was like gay Mecca (it really is). It was the dead of winter and he had nowhere to stay, so was doing questionable things in exchange for warm places to sleep. We didn’t do much. Just gave him a free place to sleep, food to eat, and listened when he wanted to talk. Within three months, he was actually smiling and making friends, he’d cut contact with the people who had been exploiting him, and he got an over-the-table job. That turned into a full time job with benefits, and now he has his own apartment, a steady boyfriend, and a good support network. I want to be able to do that for more people. Taking in teenagers is so hard, but for so many of them, they just need one person who believes they’re worth something.

1 Like

Iphones even the new ones have the same technology as a 2014 android. Iphone is for ease of use and social outlets. If you want raw power and lastest technology and not just branding. Go android. You might have to do a few things yourself like security software. But if you use it for anything else then social media. Android.

Sent from my iphone. Go figure

1 Like

Iphone simple. Works for me.

AAC format for music or whatever it is is so much better than mp4 or whatever.

Works for me!

1 Like

Android supports that.

1 Like

I have had both. My androids have all had problems and don’t last too long. Last one was an HTC and quit taking a charge. The charging port wasn’t working and when I could get it to work it took hours to charge. Loved the phone though.

Now I have an iPhone 7. Not the S or the big one. Siri is voice activated but I do like google Assistant better. This phone still charges okay and takes a full charge in only like 30 minutes so I am happy with it.

I will stay with the iPhone. It’s compatible with my iPad. I don’t use any of the security features in my phone. Don’t even have a passcode. It keeps asking me to create one but I haven’t. I think it will do a fingerprint and face recognition too but I don’t want any of that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.