I’m so sad

I couldn’t afford my 20 year old daughters special foods she likes to eat and she can’t find a job so she can’t pitch in. So she moved to her dads. He can afford it. But I’m sad because I miss having her around. She comes over once a week. It’s hitting me really hard right now. I feel like a terrible mom

2 Likes

Why can’t she visit you more?

1 Like

She can, but I can’t feed her more than once per week. But she’s always welcome.

1 Like

tell her to please come over more because you miss her…? wish I could offer advice how to not be sad…I miss my family and my mom the same way…even though I see them every couple months…I see my mom about once a month.

1 Like

I was foolish when my daughter was a teenager. I wanted to move away so thought maybe she should live with her dad. I should have never let her. She called me crying, the first night. I told her, she could come home, but she changed her mind. But now we’re not that close. I was really immature and I think all the diet cola and caffeine I drank, made me irrational.

1 Like

I’m sorry you are going through that

This was in the eighties. She’s grown now. Yeah, it’s sad we’re not close. But maybe for the best, since people like interfering in my life. They’d probably bother her, too.

1 Like

I can’t imagine not being close to my daughter. I love her so deeply. I’m lucky to have her as my daughter. I think the world of her.

2 Likes

You are a good mum, as evidence by what you have said and written here about your daughter. Love is sharing quality time together with or without food. I think your daughter is lucky to have you as her mum Pianogal.

1 Like

If she is 20 and can’t find a job can she not go on some form of job seekers allowance? Until she finds a job.

Thanks @Sarah :slight_smile:

1 Like

She’s refusing to apply for food stamps because her dad can afford it easily. She doesn’t want a government handout unless she has no other option. I can’t fault her for that

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.