I am so sad, worried and feeling like a failure as a parent

Once again my daughter is homeless. She just can’t stabilize. She always explodes and ruins each opportunity she gets to get back on her feet. She came asking to stay here and my ex told her no, thankfully. She has no place left to turn and no resources. I’m so worried.

She can’t get social benefits and housing?

1 Like

I’m sorry you all are going through that. Is she the kid who’s a sociopath? I forget whose kid that is.

1 Like

She’s having a hard time getting benefits but I don’t know why. She’s less than honest with me.

Yes, she’s a sociopath.

1 Like

You are not a failure. When your children become adults you have to let go with the choices they make. Her behavior is not a reflection of you. She is responsible for her own behavior. I can see why you are sad though. You don’t want to see your child struggle in life. I’m sorry she is making these choices in life. But don’t blame yourself. You will always love her despite her choices.

1 Like

Ok. I remembered that right. This must be so hard on you. I’m so sorry

1 Like

Thank you @anon78876561. It’s just so hard to watch her fall.

1 Like

Thank you @CoCo I appreciate that

1 Like

I know. It hurts. I wish I could alleviate your pain. You are a good parent, I know because otherwise you wouldn’t care what is happening to her. Hang in there. Hugs.

1 Like

Thank you @anon78876561 hugs

1 Like

so sorry you are going through this…I will pray for your daughter…

1 Like

Sorry to hear this @Leaf. There are sociopaths in my family too, and they do a good job of destroying relationships. I know you must feel bad, but they have to be left to make their own decisions, even if it means they’ll isolated from the family. One thing is true for all sociopaths and that is the lie, cheat and steal emotionally. And this can become very toxic very fast. So don’t be so hard on yourself. It sounds like you’ve made the right decision.

1 Like

Thank you for your words @Sezbot241 it’s sounds like you understand sadly.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree with @anon78876561. You will always be her mother and care about her welfare and want good things for her. But adult children can’t blame everything on their parents and she has to take responsibility for herself and her actions. It may be harsh but you can still love her and try to help her a little but she has to live the consequences of her own choices.

1 Like

Thank you @77nick77 your words mean a lot to me.

1 Like

I’m sorry @Leaf.
You are a good Mom.

1 Like

I’m so sorry you have to go through this. You are not a failure. I hope things turn around for you. Sending lots of ((hugs)). :broken_heart:

1 Like

Thank you @Wave for saying that

1 Like

Thank you @FatMama I appreciate it. hugs.

1 Like