I’m going to run a 10k race

I registered for a race in April. I’ll finish but I won’t do well as I haven’t been exercising at all for months. I have done a few 5k races before but never a 10k. It’s a good way to feel like I’m being social but I don’t really have to interact with anyone. I know I should start some kind of training now but I’m just not motivated.

4 Likes

That’s awesome. Good luck and good for you. You might not be the fastest, but if you finish that’s all that counts​:checkered_flag::checkered_flag::checkered_flag:

2 Likes

When I was in track in middle school we were taught to run a steady pace. We didn’t sprint til the end

3 Likes

Wow, a 10K! You must be in better shape than me! I think that’s great that you’re able to do this. Good luck to you.

3 Likes

10k is 6.2mi.

I might try and do something like this too in the spring.

1 Like

It might be cheaper to just try and run a fast 6.2mi on a treadmill though…

1 Like

Good your giving it a go. I sat on my ass for years but invested in a fitness tracker. Best thing I ever did as it’s helped me get motivated and into regular exercise. It’s not hard to start somewhere and it’s a bit catch 22. You’ll never get motivated unless you find it in yourself to push through that and start!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.