I’m afraid to be home alone

I’m afraid to be home alone because I think someone is going to come kill me because I really believe the country is watching me on their phones and listening to me on the tv. The people on tv and the radio has started back talking about me and I’m afraid to trust anyones word because I think the country wants to see me die. I keep hearing people say “the country wants off with your head”. This is a nightmare. And for the people who tells me to go to the er that’s even worse. The people in the hospital talks about me and tortured me and they talk about me. So if this is a delusion what should I do?

1 Like

That’s good that you notice something is wrong. Realize that no one wants to hurt you. Even if you feel like they do, they don’t. Realize this. Next if you have some medicine, take some. Next get in contact with your close family or close friend. And explain to them what is happening, ask them to help you. See if you can be taken to pysch hospital, you might need to adjust medication. Be strong.

1 Like

I would tell my pdoc about it and see if he can adjust or up your meds…you are ill…no one wants you dead !!

1 Like

You are sick, these are all delusions you’re having.

1 Like

Is the country watching me on camera or microphone and is the people on tv or the radio talking about me?

no, I’m sorry…no one is watching you and the radio is not talking to you either…I used to believe that stuff when I was delusional too…you are just teeny little you in a world that doesn’t know you…I 'm sorry.

1 Like

What’s on the news: politics, crime, and local stuff. The big news story right now on national (us and canada) is a couple of teens that may have murdered 3 people in Canada.

All of that is more interesting than one schizophrenic. You’re delusional. I promise you’re just sick and suffering from delusions.

1 Like

Thankyou. How did you get yourself out of your delusions?

1 Like

How long does it take for delusions to go away?

1 Like

I am afraid too, maybe lock the doors and keep the phone near or talk to someone.

2 Likes

Depends on your treatment. Meds help. You sound like you need an adjustment. Invega is good.

Can you explain to me what you are going through so that I can have an idea about my situation. Because what you are going through is not real and I’m telling you that for a fact and you can trust me. I have no reason to lie. I promise on my life you are not being talked about on the television you are going through a delusion and I hope you feel better by me telling you this because what you are experiencing is not real.

1 Like

Do you still experience delusions? And do your delusions change?

When my medicine isn’t working I start believing strange things. Yes, they change but almost always the same themes.

1 Like

Ok so I haven’t been talked about on the tv or radio?

No. It’s just complicated hallucinations and the delusion.

1 Like

Ok thankyou. Do you ever get over your delusions? Sorry for all of the questions. I really need insight because I’m losing my mind

Stubbornly stick to the truth and tell yourself over and over that people are not talking about you on radio or TV. Honest. Then you will be less afraid. There is nothing to fear in this, it is just my mind and kind of right your self over and over. In time it won’t be so bad and will fade. Too, when you do something your mind will focus on something else.

1 Like

Yes, you can. For starters you can tell yourself- this isn’t real.

Constantly challenge the delusion with truth. Eventually you can get pastit. Today I just shake my head at mine because they were silly. Try saying these things to yourself each time you think of being on tv.

I’m not famous. People watch celebrities.
No one is talking about me, I’m hallucinating.
Cameras cannot see throughskin.
I am not a criminal, news shows criminals.
People watch exciting things, even reality tv is scripted.
No one is looking at me and talking unless I act weird (so be calm!)
My brain is playing tricks, this isn’t real.

1 Like

you need to see your pdoc right away…

1 Like