I love my hypomanic episodes, but the price is too high

I had a hypomanic episode for five days, partly drug induced. I was in heaven. I hardly had any sleep.

When the episode and the drugs ended I was stuck in hell. Depressed and with lots of suicidal ideation.

Now i’m sober and trying to adjust to everyday life. It’s boring, but less painful.

Even though the hypomanic situation is bliss, I will try to avoid it. The price is too high.

4 Likes

That’s interesting. I’m more flat all the time. I have trouble feeling anything. Sounds risky though.

1 Like

I can relate to that. Sometimes I have two or three days where I’m hyper, but it also makes me very creative. I wish I could be in that state all the time. It’s hard to let go when it ends, but you’re right the crash is horrible

2 Likes

Sometimes I get hypomanic at night, but all I do is play video games, listen 2 music and watch TV.

2 Likes

I can handle hypomania, seasoned veteran here, used to the sort of depression that arises after the fact. I don’t do well with mania. It’s like another person comes in.

3 Likes

Sometimes to me it feels like there is a part of me that needs to live more freely, needs a break from the monotony once in a while. The crash does suck, though. For me the rough patch can be anywhere from three days to a week before I recover

2 Likes

My hypomania can last from a few hours to two or three days and I’m always sad when it’s over, but it is very exhausting and I’m more prone to voices and agitation and disorganised thoughts then.

2 Likes

The monotony of life @Cragger That’s very precise, in the long run i need something to break it, i just have to pay the price. I wish I could be more happy about the boring everyday life.

Sorry @Unclehenry , I know about feeling flat and all the negatives too. Lack of emotion is painful.

Yes, it’s very exhausting @DNA . I have been sleeping half the day for the last three days after my episode.

3 Likes

You really need to be careful if the price is suicidal ideation though… :confused:

1 Like

I’ve had hypomania last for months. And the crash is not good cuz it last months too

2 Likes

@bluebutterfly yes it is pretty humdrum at times. The only thing that saves me is playing My Guitar. Would photography hold any interest for you?

1 Like

No, @Cragger i’m not interested in photography, but I really want to exercise again. And maybe pick up fishing again, when the autumn starts. I live close to the sea, and there are lots of big cods and seatrout in the harbour in Copenhagen and the water is not polluted.

You are lucky you are able to play the guitar, i would love to be able to do that.

I’m coming out of what seems to be a hypomanic episode that lasted for several months.

A lot of shopping occurred. A lot.

Ended with a mixed episode, which was pretty unsettling.

Now I’m on the downswing: wanting to lay in bed all day, low self-esteem, inklings of suicidality, etc.

I hope you feel alright now, @bluebutterfly :sunny:.

3 Likes

The fishing sounds awesome there. I envy you living that close to the Sea, I’ve always loved it along the shore

Exercise of any kind is always good. I’ve been slacking off on my walks, and I can feel the difference

1 Like

Meh. It happens. Just try to lock up more of your money in investments.

1 Like

Thanks @Schztuna I’m better now.

All these mood swings are hard to handle. Hope you will be back to life soon. A couple of months of hypomania, sounds pretty rough.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.