I KNOW I'm autistic

After reading this, it has reinfored my year-old beliefs that I have some sort of autism spectrum disorder.
When I was initially diagnosed, that’s what they were looking for, but settled on sz instead.
I’m wondering if they should have dug deeper.

I can cross off all of these things.

I feel the same way. I wanted to get tested for autism, but my pdoc and case manager didn’t think I needed to – they said sz symptoms and autism symptoms overlap too much. I still think I wanna get tested, because I check off a lot of the boxes for autism, too. I say go for it and get tested @Pikasaur, nothing bad can come from it, really.

Have you considered going back in for a diagnosis? I wonder if you can find someone who specializes in treating women with autism.

Lobbing this into the thread.

Seek an assessment if you can.

I did not ask for mine, the psychologist suspected I had it.

I pretty much knew the result, as in the past I did some online tests that we’re pretty high scores towards ASD.

I have Autism Level 1, which means I don’t need much support to function.

I was told it’s not Aspergers as language wasn’t a problem

You probably have both.

I’ve suspected I had it, but I don’t know. All those checklist things always make me feel like I definitely have it, but at the same time I’m pretty perceptive to other people’s emotions. I read emotions into everything. Almost obsessively. So I don’t think I have it. But all those tests and checklists and things always make me wonder.

I fit the autism in women label despite being a trans guy (i was socialized as a girl so theres that explanation) . if you feel you are youre more than welcome in the community regardless of diagnosis status. We understand there are barriers to diagnosis.

I also considered it for a short while, but the guy I talked to (best pdoc I ever had) assured me I didn’t have it. He has family with it so I suppose he would know. I’ve known a few people with it, it just seems to put up a slight barrier to communication that can be breached with the right techniques.

I think I might have it. I’ve got appointments with my nurse in June I’m gonna ask what he thinks

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.