I just took my medicine

I can’t stop vaping/smoking,my partner smoke/vape occasionally.I like to stop because it’s a waste of time and I can spend the money on useful stuff.I am going to use NRT and quit

1 Like

The mini lozenges are very good and you don’t go through too many of them because they take so long to melt in your mouth. They give a slow, steady flow of nicotine and it gets you off the nicotine rollercoaster. It calms down the nicotine fits and stops the urge to smoke. They are quite nice tasting, the mint flavor is good, like a tic tac. And at Rite Aid they are usually on sale for $40 for over 100 of them. I go through about 6-7 of them a day, so you can see it’s much cheaper than vaping or cigarettes. In order to quit smoking I initially used the patches along with the mini lozenges to get my nicotine levels down. I started with the 21 mg patch and worked my way down to 7 mg over the course of 4.5 months. I know it’s expensive to buy both, but in the long run, it will save you money if it works to help you quit.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply.I am going to take the steps you took I know it will be a little different and I need to do it now,no pressure just need to overcome this obstacle

2 Likes

You’re welcome. You can do this. I smoked for 35 years and tried everything to quit and couldn’t. I tried so many times and failed. When I finally tried this method I made it. Now I don’t even want a cigarette. If I can do it, anyone can. I’m rooting for you.

1 Like

Thank you,may I ask are you on moderate dose or AP or just a low dose?

1 Like

I take 2 aps. I take Saphris 20 mg and Rexulti 3 mg. I also take a mood stabilizer, Topamax and an ad Cymbalta. What do you take?

1 Like

I am only on Olanzapine 5mg,I am increasing my dose on Monday appointment.I heard voices of people telling to me clean the house,so to take steps and prevent relapse

1 Like

On two big doses of olanzapine, I had more negatives too :confused: … And consenquently, I couldn’t stop smoking… I am strange with the meds, but there’s something with the aps, yeap… But 5 mgs is very few, I am on 7,5 mgs which is few still. So don’t worry. I find, that the people with positive symptoms handle better the aps… My sz is mostly with negatives…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.