I have been injected with Invega

I have been injected with Invega today its my 8th injection so far and i’m happy that i didnt had trouble while being given the shot in the arm. I was compliant, never had issues with nurses, cooperative, i aswered the questions and i was respectful toward medical team generally speaking. No complains. I understand its for my own good/health. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Stay strong friend your gonna be okay.

1 Like

I always get my injections in the upper hip area…the dose is too strong and would make my arm too sore. I get Abilify injections every 3 weeks.

If your arm IS sore afterwards, ask your Nurse if you can get the shot in your hip instead.

1 Like

@anon37666876 Thank you :slight_smile:
@anon39054230

Its just a ache in the arm. I have been asked by the nurses if i want it in my hip i said no because i tolerate it well, no lumps so its ok for now.

1 Like

I just had my injection of invega today too. I have been on it 2 years 9 months. First time I have been out of the hospital for that length of time. Before I was going in every year when I kept going off meds. I am planning on going back to work now that I have been stable. I pray it keeps me stable. Good luck with everything.

1 Like

@November I’m glad it went well for you too:) I am curenly volunteering to a organization once or twice a week for like two hours. I’ve been on pills for two years and half year on injection. I feel stable also as for positibe symptoms. I wish you the same :slight_smile: Good luck in whatever you want to do in near future.

1 Like

That’s great that you are volunteering. I need to do something. I want to work but I have no good references because when I was unstable I quit alot of jobs. I don’t know if you need references to volunteer. Maybe I should try volunteering first.

1 Like

Well i go to a place where they accept persons with disabilities, i dont want to give the name or details about it. I had an interview, and i’m so happy they accepted me.You can try at least :slight_smile:

1 Like

@November I needed a third reference for my job hunt, so I started volunteering in the beginning of June. I’ve handled it really well and now I have the reference I needed. Volunteering is a great way to slowly get used to working again and establishing a professional network of people to help you out.

1 Like

Wow. Thank you. I needed to hear that. Did you need references to volunteer?

They didn’t ask me for references. I did have to pass a criminal background check but that was no big deal. I volunteer in a hospice office.

1 Like

Nice! thank you!

I get invega once a month been on it about a couple years and that’s the longest I’ve been out of hospital.

2 Likes