I have always been afraid of being put on anasthesia in a hospital

i think it will make me say a whole bunch of weird and crazy stuff to who ever is with me and they will look at me differently

Oh heck no you’ll be knocked deeply out in like 5 seconds. It literally shuts off your consciousness so what you described would be impossible…even if it did cause you to act crazy somehow, the doctors would know it was just a bad medical reaction and would keep you safe until it passed, so not such a bad thing.

Usually when people are scared of anesthesia it’s because they’re scared they won’t wake up or are allergic and will have a bad reaction so I was surprised to see this variant.

I was very surprised my first time going under anesthesia. I love studying consciousness. But being under anesthesia wasn’t even sleep it was just…nothing. They tell you to count down from 5 and you get to 3 and suddenly they’re telling you to wake up and you’re like what?? But no time passed?? So bizarre.

I have had more than 10 surgeries. I am not afraid of anesthesia. Having said that, there is a drug they sometimes give you along with some forms of anesthesia. It is called Versed. This medication reduces anxiety, reduces inhibition and causes amnesia during the time it is administered. Patients have spoken and said some very interesting things while under the influence of this medication however, there is nothing they (medical professionals) haven’t heard. They have heard it all. They don’t always give this medication though. Sometimes you get general anesthesia and they just put you to sleep.

Uses For Versed
Midazolam is used to produce sleepiness or drowsiness and to relieve anxiety before surgery or certain procedures. Midazolam is also given to produce amnesia (loss of memory) so that the patient will not remember any discomfort or undesirable effects that may occur after a surgery or procedure.

The Dr’s of that vast nothingness make a sweet pile o tasty bucks controlling your portal to the other side.

I’m lost, lol. Not sure what you’re saying there.

If it’s about my surgeries, those took place in ‘this’ reality sadly. Well, it isn’t all sad. Two of my surgeries were C-sections and I have my beautiful babies because of that.

If you are referring to the scientists ‘controlling’ my brain and blocking my memory. I am sure they aren’t poor. That’s for f**king sure!

Nothing personal about you @47average, I was fascinated by how much they make a year, my ex’s uncle retired as one.
Then I got to thinking, that of all the important jobs out there that had better pay well enough to keep one happy enough to do a good job,
well,
they do control one’s “portal to the other side” e.g. the door between life and death.

Congratulations on your 2 beautiful babies, you are sure lucky in my book :smile: :smile:

They make you count down from ten. You are out completely before you reach 1.

There’s a reason why anaesthesiologists are the highest paid physicians: It’s an extremely difficult job. That said, deaths due to anesthesia mistakes have greatly declined over the last 30 years.

Maybe when you wake up…some people can be drowsy but I think they kinda expect it…the doc that took out my appendix was there when I woke up…he asked how I was feeling…I looked over at his wrist…and said better now that I see you didn’t leave your watch or rings in my guts…he loled called me a smartass and said I was good to go to my room…

1 Like

I love that stuff! I wish you could buy it at walgreens. I had sedation dentistry once. No insurance so I paid cash. It costs double the price but damn,it knocks you out in 3 seconds! They said count back from 100. I got to 98 and then I woke up missing 3 teeth,lol. Mouth full of gauss.

I remember I was seven when I had my first eye surgery and this nice nurse asked me what flavor I wanted so I quickly exclaimed “cherry!" I thought I was getting a sucker or something but they led me into this big, cold room and they said lay down and this dude put a mask over my face and said breathe. It smelled like cherries then I woke up puking my guts out so ever since then the smell of cherries just gag me.

But otherwise gas is good. :sleeping:

1 Like