I have a doctor's appointment today

I’m trying to get my Saphris refilled. I only have a few days worth and my old pdoc won’t refill and I’m still waiting on the referral to my new pdoc. My regular doctor has said she doesn’t feel comfortable prescribing my psych meds but I’m hoping she’ll make an exception under the circumstances. If she says no I guess I’ll go to the emergency room and see if they’ll do it. I don’t know what else to do. I can’t believe it has all boiled down to this, I’ve been trying since June to get everything squared away but the bureaucracy has been unbelievable. I’ve been dealing with this while stable, I don’t know what people who aren’t stable do to cope. I mean how do they expect people who are at risk, who are in the greatest need for services to navigate this system to get the meds they need to survive. If I can’t get the prescription I will likely go psychotic and end up with a hospitalization at the very least. It’s not right. There’s a definite flaw in the system. I feel bad for those less able to handle this kind of problem. It’s damn near enough to send me over the edge.

2 Likes

I would be freaking out, you’re handling this better than I would.

Wishing you some luck in this being as easy as possible on you.

1 Like

I am starting to freak out, I am. I just can’t believe they would let it happen. They don’t want us off our meds.

1 Like

It’s not right, you should always feel secure that your meds are covered, it places undue stress on you, and that’s not fair.

1 Like

Hugs today. Just breath. If you feel your stress is too much, go to the hospital. If you go there they will help you. You can do this. Stay strong. :two_hearts:

1 Like

Stay strong @Leaf!
Wishing you luck!

1 Like

My doctor said she didn’t have a problem covering me until I could get my new pdoc. I’m so happy and relieved. Thanks for your support @Ooorgle @anon78876561 and @Wave

3 Likes

That’s wonderful! I’m glad that’s sorted out.

How’s hunting for a Pdoc going?

1 Like

I know the company it’s going to be I just have to wait for the official referral. I can’t just call them up and make an appointment. This is part of the red tape that drives me crazy around here.

1 Like

That’s great news! I’m glad it worked out! :blush:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.