I hate this illness

I honestly hate even thinking about the fact I have schizophrenia… it kind of blows my mind that I even have it.

Very rarely do I let it get me down/make me feel weird but right now it’s making me uncomfortable :confused:

5 Likes

I was just going to post something similar. But you put it into words better than I could have.

It’s really an uncomfortable feeling right now for me.

2 Likes

Sorry you’re also feeling this way @everhopeful

Hopefully we will feel better tomorrow… or even in a couple of hours

2 Likes

Yes, I had a day like that yesterday. On top of everything else in life, who needs this ■■■■.?

My belated congratulations on your baby!! So glad to know you’re both well

2 Likes

Totally! Ugh… hope you’re feeling better today.

And thank you so much🥺

2 Likes

I hate having this illness. People ask me what kind of work I do and I don’t know what to say.

I don’t know if I’ll be disabled for the rest of my life or not. The hard truth is that I probably will.

I hope though t that my outcome will be good. I hope will be able to study or work. :confused:

1 Like

Can I ask how long you’ve been diagnosed, do meds help at all? Sorry you’re feeling this way, can totally relate

1 Like

I have been diagnosed with sz for 6 years next month. Yes meds help, I don’t really have symptoms but I will still get random flashbacks to when I was in psychosis…

How long have you been diagnosed?

@CakeFlourSugar

2 Likes

I’m still trying to get a firm diagnosis, which is extremely frustrating. I don’t think I’m on the right meds,so I’m suffering a lot. If it’s ok to ask you, what did your psychosis feel like? Totally understand if you don’t want to answer

1 Like

Oh wow, have you been hospitalized before because of your symptoms?

Ah, I honestly don’t really like talking about my psychosis in detail too much

1 Like

Which meds are you on?

@CakeFlourSugar

1 Like

Right now Seroquel and Risperidole, but at a low dose

1 Like

The only thing that helps me with this illness is being thankful for food and sleep and a house

3 Likes

Oh okay… I’ve never been on those ones…

How many mg are you taking?

@CakeFlourSugar

1 Like

100 mg seroquel .5 Risperidole. Is it ok if I ask what meds you take?

1 Like

I am on 15mg abilify!

@CakeFlourSugar

2 Likes

Do you like it?

1 Like

Excellent thinking and great attitude

1 Like

Yeah, better than invega… that’s the only other antipsychotic I’ve tried.

Abilify kept me stable through pregnancy and now over 2 months postpartum so far I’m still stable so… it must work pretty well I’m assuming lol

2 Likes

I am on 15 mg of Abilify myself. My doctor just upped the dosage of my Seroquel to 150 mg to take at night. I’m not sure it’s making any difference or not, I still hear voices. Maybe they’re fainter now though? It’s hard to tell if I’m being objective

2 Likes