Schizophrenia.com

Displeasure in exercise?

Anybody here exercise even though they don’t like to? I’ve got so many things that I’d rather do than exercise. Ah well, that’s something to be glad about.

After walking I feel so much better than the thinking about it beforehand.

1 Like

me too. sometimes i really don’t want to walk the dogs in the woods but i force myself because they don’t have much in their lives apart from cuddles, food, walks and sleep. i always feel better after i’ve walked them though. just seeing the looks on their little faces when i say woody woods is enough to put a smile on mine. xxx

1 Like

If I think of going to the gym and doing that sort of thing, I can’t get into it. I just can’t motivate myself. But surfing is exercise, dancing and gardening is too. So you can find some activity that uses a lot of motion that isn’t “exercise”

I like to use gardening as an example for some of the people I know who get a bit down on themselves. Your lifting topsoil, digging, kneeling and standing a lot, twisting and bending a lot, walking back and forth picking stuff up and weeding and watering… so by the time your done… not only have you worked out the muscles… you have strawberries and tomatoes to look forward to.

2 Likes

I do not like to exercise, its very dull for me. Walking on the treadmill is tedious and gets tiresome (boring)
I know exercise is important so I put on my old headphones, put on some music and boogied :wink:
This form of exercise helps me physically and emotionally - I think Ill try it again sometime soon

1 Like

There is a lot of dancing in our house. I wish I could say the neighbors think we’re weird, but their too busy to notice my new moves.

Jumping around in the rain is the best. My sis will also start dancing in a grocery isle just to get people out of her way.

2 Likes

I go on the exercise bike. I can only manage 10-20 minutes a time. I am not sure it makes much difference.

1 Like

It does make a difference. Low impact is good for maintaing mobility.

You have no idea how much difference it makes until you stop for a few months.

1 Like

You might try to find some kind of exercise you enjoyed. I loved riding a bicycle. Now I enjoy walking. Deal with the guilt yourself associated with not exercising.

I love to walk two miles a day with the dogs over the woods. It gets me out of the house and I love to c them running free and enjoying themselves. Apart from that I do no exercise and I should as I’m two stone over weight. I’m goingto start swimming again soon even though the voices keep threatening to ddrown me. I don’t take any notice and just carry on. I haven’t been for a while but I plan to start going again soon. Although 10 lengths is all I can manage. I’d like to get that up to 25 once or twice a week if poss but I’ll stick with the ten for now. I’d also like to do some weights to tone up and sit ups to lose the belly fat. It’s just getting the motivation to do these things is the problem. I have to start slowly I think so it’s not an insurmountable object. Didn’t manage the woods today as I have to wait in for the gas man. Very disappointed. Let’s hope tomorrow is better.

I’ve seen some of those training books the lifeguards form the U.K have to go through. They are top notch. They won’t let you drown. They are much more hard core then us wimps in the U.S.

If your counting that lap as up and back… then your almost swimming a mile when you do that. UK is meter pools not yards. 36 laps = a mile if I remember right… That is very good. I’m still on my silly little 500 yards.

If I didn’t smoke I think I’d b able to do more. More oxygen to the muscles. I feel like jelly after I’ve done it lol. Sign of a good work out I think. I think I’m going to start taking the stairs at home two at a time. It’s an easy way of doing squats I think. Get my arse somewhat off the ground lol.

1 Like