I got rear-ended

I got rear-ended today! On Interstate 5 in Seattle. That is the 7th time in my life I have been rear-ended. I mentioned that to one of the cars involved (there were 3) and this man who is 20 years older than me (I’m 52) said he has never been rear-ended. My dad is 80 and he has NEVER been rear-ended. This is not good for my fixed delusion that I am in a brain study. The instant I was hit, I thought "This is the 7th time! My God! These accidents are obviously staged!

Anyway, the damage isn’t too awful. It’s drive-able. Because of the Holiday weekend, I won’t be able to get it fixed until after Monday, probably.

2 Likes

I’m glad your ok. Cars can be replaced. One thing about life and luck is that even with sz you may find yourself on the wrong end of it. I’m sorry it’s happened a lot but it’s not your fault someone drives up your ass so to speak. Unfortunate indeed but nothing mystical or magical.

1 Like

Thank God you’re okay.

Thanks for the replies. Yeah. Nothing got hurt except my feelings. I still don’t know about the brain study.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been in several accidents and only two were my fault.
Most were minor accidents. The two that were my fault, one of them I was driving stupidly and ran into a car but no one was hurt. The other one I got distracted in a traffic jam on the freeway and ran into the car ahead off me going about 4 miles per hour. I’ve had about 7 or 8 that weren’t my fault dating back to 1978 when I was 17.

1 Like

Wow 7th time that’s unlucky.

1 Like

I know! Not good for my delusion either!

This was my poor truck on Dec. 31 last year. I was picking up a charity food box at a church and was backing out and then that’s all I remember before waking up in the ER. They said I hit a tree…no drugs or alcohol involved, but I still don’t remember the accident. I was able to buy a used car with the insurance money but it’s not very good. I’m glad I survived, but I miss my truck…

1 Like

I sometimes think that.

Sorry about your accident! That sucks. 6.5 years ago when I went crazy, I had a Mercedes. I lost my job and couldn’t make the payments anymore. They repo’d it when I was like 20K into payments. The car that just got wrecked is a 2004 Passat. I have a feeling they will total it. I am going to take the check and put it toward a newer, better car. I want to get like a 2015 Nissan Altima. This is my 3rd POS car that got junked.

I think it as much as ever. 6.5 years ago, (I said this before) I met a homeless woman who knew my whole life. She got in my car and pushed the radio buttons buttons but the station didn’t change. My Mercedes also inexplicably died with her in my car. I pulled over to the side of the freeway and a few minutes later my car magically started again. I went to the gas station and suddenly an ambulance, that NOBODY CALLED, was suddenly at my car door asking me if they should take the homeless woman (Nancy) to the hospital. It was WEIRD! A radio station cam eon and said “Call us and tell us who you are the most grateful for!” I called and immediately got thru and said “My kids” on the air. One weird thing after another happened. I’ll never forget it.

There is so much more I could go into. I do think I am in a ‘brain study’. We ARE our brains and my is significantly damaged from a lifetime of mental and physical abuse.

Maybe try to find logical reasons for the traffic accidents.

Do you drive during rush hours?
Do you use heavily trafficked roads?
Do you break suddenly or slow down smoothly so the cars behind you have a chance to react?

2 Likes

I’m glad you are ok.

Are you driving too close to the person in front of you? Stepping too late or too hard on the brakes?

I have scanned and scanned my brain for ‘reasons’ why I might get hit so often and I just don’t know :frowning: I drive safely and, to the best of my knowledge, like everyone else.
As far as me giving cars behind me “time to react”, that is THEIR job to be back far enough that they don’t hit me in case of a sudden stop. After all, I have never rear-ended anyone in my 52 years and, if I did, it would be MY fault no matter how sudden they stopped.

See post above. I just don’t get it…

I am not doing anything. There is a reason that the law always determines it is the fault of the person who hit you. They don’t blame the car that got hit for ‘breaking suddenly’. Like I said above, I have never rear-ended anyone in my life. So, no, I don’t think I drive too close.

Not sure what’s up with my bad luck. I DO live in an area where there is a lot of traffic (Seattle, WA) but I know numerous people who drive in the same traffic that have never been hit.

I’m not blaming you, but if you drive close, then you’re more likely to slam on the brake harder/faster, and a person behind you will slam into you, even if you don’t hit the person in front of you.

Otherwise, bad luck is just that. Bad luck. There’s no meaning behind it. No need to look for one and drive yourself crazy over it.

Edit: you’re not a victim, in that someone is after you by hitting your car.

Glad you are okay. Hope your call goes well for the job.

Not if the person behind me is back as far as they should be! It is the job of all drivers to be prepared for the car in front of them suddenly stopping

Again, not assigning blame to you. You were looking for a reason you get rear ended, I’m just hypothesizing.

1 Like

I hear you. I HAVE been hit 7 times, so I don’t blame people for wondering what the deal is? I actually don’t know. I drive as safe as I can. I don’t hit anyone and I keep getting hit every few years. I hope it stops…