I got a real bad headache today

I took my pain meds but they aren’t working much. The coffee is helping a little but it still really hurts.

1 Like

Allergies?

Is light painful?

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

1 Like

Boo. I get daily headaches and 2-5 migraines a week when I’m not medicated. It’s miserable. I get botox for migraines every 3 months and it’s been amazing. I only get maybe 5 migraines a month. Still get the daily headaches, but I’ve been getting those pretty much every day for 30 years now, so I’m pretty used to pushing through them unless they makes me vomit or blackout.

Sorry you’re miserable. Have you tried Excedrin? (Aspirin, Tylenol, and caffeine)

1 Like

No, it’s my neck. I have tension headaches. I slept in that bed for a couple hours and it really messed me up. I can’t wait till I get mt replacement bed on the 19th. Hopefully it will be better. /this one is too firm.

2 Likes

I’m sorry you get daily headaches. I get daily headaches too. Luckily they are tension headaches not migraines. When I do get a migraine it’s worse. It’s just really bad today.

1 Like

me too.

this is getting really old.

1 Like

I’m sorry you have a headache. I hope it goes away. Mine is getting a little bit better after taking even more pain meds.

1 Like

I had chronic headaches and my pdoc put me on clonazepam. Completely masked the pain, but didn’t fix the problem. If I came off clonazepam the headache came back.

After a year I was looking for another solution. In the end what cured it was a week of taking magnesium(200mg) and melatonin(5mg). After that the headaches went away completely and never came back.

The problem was I was dependent on clonazepam, that took me 4-5 months of tapering then 3 weeks of withdrawals.

2 Likes

My problem is arthritis in my neck. It sends signals to my brain to tense up the muscles to protect the area and it causes a tension headache. Stretching exercises and physical therapy really help. But today it’s bad because I slept in that hard bed for a couple hours thinking it wouldn’t be so bad. But it really triggered a bad headache. Worse on I’ve had in awhile. It’s getting better now that I’m loosening up and have taken pain meds. I won’t sleep in that bed again. I get my new bed on the 19th. Hopefully it will be better.

1 Like

My headaches felt like a tight band around my head, and there was pretty intense pain.

Feel better soon!

1 Like

Thank you @Headspark

1 Like

@Headspark @Ooorgle @leafy @LED @Daze, I usually get daily, intense migraine headaches and have for the last three years or so. MRI’s are negative. My neurologist claims my headaches are from all the arthritis in my jaws, neck and shoulders. He said I also clench my teeth at night.

But since the 2 of June, or ever since I’ve been on this trip to Indiana, for the last six days, I haven’t had one migraine. I don’t know if it’s because of different vegetation in Indiana or if it’s because of a new migraine med I’m taking. It’s called Aimovig and it’s a monthly injection you administer to yourself.

2 Likes

That’s great that you haven’t had a migraine

1 Like

I checked this thread to see if you were the woman having 10 babies. Seriously I’m sorry to hear that @leafy. Hope you feel better soon.

1 Like

lol, that headache was this weekend, I’m actually fine today and no I’m not having any babies let alone TEN YIKES!!!

1 Like

Wait, who is having 10 babies?! :flushed:

Hi LED! where you been?

1 Like

oh I feel so bad for you…I hate headaches…my gf gets them a lot too.

1 Like

Oh man. Things have been so chaotic with me. I’ve been in and out of the hospital a lot the last few weeks because I keep having bad allergic reactions to everything.

I’ve tried to be around, but I’ve just been feeling so bad.

What about you? How’ve you been?

1 Like

Have you tried Botox in your jaw? It can help soooo much.

1 Like