I gave a speech about schizophrenia in class today

So in speech class we were given a assignment of a personal narrative speech, so I decided to do mine on my journey through schizophrenia.

It went really well. I got a 95% on the speech and while I was nervous at first, I got really comfortable giving the speech. I keep thinking now about maybe being a mental illness advocate and giving speeches, maybe. But here’s my conclusion I wrote for the speech:

You may be wondering why I chose this topic, but the reason is simple: I wanted to get this off my chest and reduce the stigma surrounding this illness to show that mental illness is no different than a physical illness; we all have some form of it at some time in our lives. And that’s my journey through my first year and a half of this illness, hopefully I have many more.

10 Likes

How did your exams go @John_Raven?

1 Like

If you mean my exams for last semester, they went pretty well. I got all A’s except 2 classes.

2 Likes

I can remember you being pretty worried about them. I guess you are feeling pretty happy.

1 Like

Thanks for remembering. And yeah, I’m pretty happy because I’m almost symptom free from my schizophrenia. Still have anxiety and OCD to workout, though.

1 Like

good going man, i dont think i could have done that, well done :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.