I feel mentally feeble

for the past several months ive been struggling with having no willpower. i have an exam tomorrow at 11 am and its 100 points. i havent even opened the textbook and cant bring myself to do it. my mind feels so weak. ill show up and do the exam but my heart wont be in it, ill be lucky to get 60/100. i dont understand the material and am not able to study tonight. i just cant initiate it. wish me luck on this one. any advice is welcome. otherwise i feel hopeless

4 Likes

Caffeine pills will keep you up during studying. Rote learning such as constantly reviewing material until you can explain it to another person is a sign you’ve studied well enough.

1 Like

whenever i look at the homework or my notes i took in class it all seems extremely daunting to me. i know i can comprehend it but lack the initiative to start and finish a study session, i will try some last minute studying in 15 minutes and see how it goes. overall i feel mentally incapable.

1 Like

Last minute studying is not the way to go. Usually it takes days for study material to solidify into long term memory.

3 Likes

i know but this is a math class and thats not my specialty, im majoring in a social science (psychology) for which statistics is required, i majored in social science to avoid taking math classes as my strength lies in languages so i feel totally out of my element. if there were just reading with no actual exercises or applications i feel like i would be able to do it. they give us all the formulas to be used in the exam but some of the stuff needs to be memorized, and like youve said i dont have time to do that. i had 2 quizzes today which i did okay on though i was the only person who had to consult my notes. i havent finished any of the exercises which arent graded (homework) and there isnt enough time for me to do them or cram. so ill go into the classroom tomorrow very poorly prepared

2 Likes

With mathematical & statistical formulas, the only way to actually understand the equation is to do practice or sample questions over & over again. To comprehend the question and place the correct varibles into the formula doesn’t require much memorization.

2 Likes

Sup @Anon10… best of luck for the exams…!!!

3 Likes

i dont have time to do that but ill skim the notes i took in class and hope for the best. my avolition stops me from doing the problems, each subsequent step just seems harder and harder.

1 Like

ill need all the luck i can get @far_cry0

1 Like

May u pass ur exam with flying colors… take care of urself… u are a good guy… love u man…!!! Again best of luck…!!!

3 Likes

“given formulas…needs to be memorized”

does this mean you must memorize formulas to pass?

I thought most people just put them into their graphing calculators?

I mean i know it is a statistics class but dont you still got one that you use?

1 Like

we arent allowed to use graphing calculators, they have a prescribed calculator. i meant most of the needed formulas are at the top of the test booklet on the first page, but if you dont understand the notation theyre useless.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.