Feelings of Failure

I’m starting to have feelings of failure. I’ve been doing my school work non-stop and keep feeling stuck. I haven’t actually been doing the work I’ve been given. I’ve actually been writing notes, nonstop, the same repetitive notes over and over and feel stuck because it’s like I can’t understand it. I just stare blankly at my notes and write the same things over and over without getting anywhere. I’ve told my professors but 2 of them said I have until Friday to complete the work. I don’t know what to do. I feel stuck. It’s like I don’t understand what I’m reading.

3 Likes

Sorry that you feel this way @Cici2. What are you studying?

1 Like

Instruction and Curriculum, Education. It’s just to be able to teach physics. I have a problem focusing and understanding right now. It sucks. I told my pdoc and he said it should pass and to get more sleep. He also said that happens with the meds I’m taking.

That’s hard @Cici2. It sounds like you’re having difficulty concentrating. What you describe of staring at notes without comprehending them is very familiar to me. It’s very hard for me to concentrate. ap’s help me to concentrate a bit better as they quiet down my imaginary conversations/rage that I constantly have going on in my head. Do you think it would be good to try supplements that can help with cognition & memory, have you tried sarcosine? Have you experienced this difficulty before & did it pass like your pdoc suggests?

You’re not a failure, try not to beat yourself up. You actually sound like a high achiever & gifted scholar. It may just be that you’re a bit unwell at the moment, perhaps something triggered it.

1 Like

That sucks. That’s why I’m not in school or working right now. My thinking isn’t good and my memory is terrible. I mean really terrible. I feel for you.

1 Like

Thanks, yes I think it may be stress is from our bills. We’re on a very tight budget and it’s made it to where we don’t go out much. I mean I do go for walks, but we don’t go out to eat, or to events for the season. I feel like it’s my fault we’re in this mess. School isn’t cheap. That’s the only stressful thing I’m going through.

I know what you mean. When I was in school I had trouble passing tests. After failing enough times I dropped out. I would mix information up.

1 Like

I hope this passes. I’m trying so hard. My husband said he’d help me until I can comprehend it again. If it doesn’t I may have to drop out. :disappointed:

2 Likes

I remember doing my worktraining as I got tired and had problems getting to work in time. The repetitive work got boring and I made mistakes. I believe you have to learn to deal with this sort of problems in your work life later on. Wish you can overcome this hurdle. Guess what you are struggling with now gets easier from time to time. It’s a Learning process. When i became a baker I needed to learn to mould bread. It took me weeks. The dough sticked on my fingers, i couple mould a ball, i was hopeless. These days it’s just part of the job. Later on I used to mould two loaves with both hands at a time. Around 500 each shift. Similar when i have done industrial management. Part of the training was accounting. My head was full of numbers in debit and credit. The best we did at the time we done sports. Something complete different to clear our heads.

1 Like

I can relate. Dealing with heavy technical material, like with programming, feels like drinking water from a fire hose with a straw. Very little seems to get in.

Maybe practice will exercise your learning faculties and make absorbtion of the material easier. Dare to dream!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.