I feel like Jack the Ripper is stalking me via time travel

Many of you know I have delusions dealing with time travel. The scariest of them is the scientists hired Jack the Ripper (who lives in this time) to go back in time to kill people with names dealing with people I Iove (like Jane, Annie, Liz, etc) and sent letters to the police with letters dealing with me.

I know it’s ridiculous, but I just needed to vent.

4 Likes

It’s good to have a vent about unusual beliefs.

The scary thing is everyone’s unusual beliefs make some kind of sense to them, but look bizarre to others.

Mine make sense to me, but would be considered bizarre to other people here.

I don’t know if this helps but if you were killed by a time traveller, then the scientists would have no need to send anyone back in the future, so you’d just end up alive.

Time travel is impossible, and not least because of all these paradoxes and contradictions.

1 Like

There is one theory that goes against paradoxes and would work (the main trouble now is hiring engineers to make one) and that theory is Novikovs Self Consistency Conjecture.

1 Like

That’s tough. I have delusions where celebrities dress up in prosthetics to look like regular people; they follow me around. It’s hard not to ignore. In nursing school when someone was delusional we would distract them with something concrete like if they were hallucinating about cameras in their room we would say let’s go out in the hallway and talk; getting their mind off the delusion. So my advice is find something to capture your attention when you have delusions. The problem is when delusions pop up for me it’s multiple times a day so it’s hard to find a strong holding distraction. Have a good evening. Good things.

1 Like

Thanks buddy! I needed that

“time after time” I believe is the movie about jack the ripper getting in the owner’s time machine to kill in the future…great movie, but horrible delusion…hope you tell your pdoc about this.

1 Like

I saw that movie. It was excellent. Probably where my delusion came from.

1 Like

my delusion was similar to “groundhog’s day” except I would imagine myself living in a two year “time loop” that would just repeat itself…that’s because I also thought I was just a laser on a computer dvd player…it’s all in the book…haha

Hey, at least you didn’t have an alien civilization somewhere between Kardashev II and III scales crossing time and space just so they could stick a nanobot anal probe up yer hoobajoob. And I took this deadly seriously.

So embarrassing now.

:flushed:

We all have embarrassing delusions like this one. We all think ridiculous things.

But the idea I’m being stalked by Jack the Ripper is rather scary.

1 Like

I got overwhelmed by the idea that my cardiac pacemaker was an alien control implant and tried to cut it out. I would have died if I had succeeded as I’m 100% dependent.

1 Like

That would be scary too. Your pacemaker is running correctly I’m sure, just as I am sure Jack the Ripper isn’t stalking me

I’ll know if it’s not.

For about ten seconds.

:frowning:

Thanks for venting! I remember believing all sorts of things like that when I was psychotic

1 Like

It just terrifies me. I keep hearing footsteps in my hallway and when I check nothing it’s there. Michael Myers sort of stuff.

1 Like

I was paranoid last night, that a strange van parked on the street was watching me.

Turns out it was just someone from up the street :sweat_smile:

Ridiculous delusions are the norm for us. I believed I was the cause of natural disaters, like the 2004 tsunami. All based on my behaviors.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.