I dont understand the stats page

i just cant understand it :confused: its so complicated and i wish they could make it simpler, my stats are really ■■■■ tbh :frowning: i wish they were better but i just cant keep up lol,

there is a lot of big hitters on this site and i just cannot compete with them :confused:

idk whether to laugh or cry

4 Likes

I dont care… why should i need it…!!!

3 Likes

I haven’t looked at the stats page for years.

1 Like

i hear you @far_cry0 i guess i just have that competitive nature in me lol

tbh idk if its competitiveness or just wanting to do better, like i feel like i try and add to this forum then i look at the stats and i’m like ‘i’m not doing very much’

or maybe i am just taking it to seriously haha

2 Likes

Its okay bro…!!! 1515115 no worries . keep it simple…

4 Likes

its strange that i have 23 views and 20 replies today, this seems like only specific members read my threads and reply, i am thinking how i can reach out to a larger amount people and what am i doing to put people off :confused:

i am very vexed about this lol

how can i only have been viewed 100 ish times when it says next to the topic there is more views on it? @Moonbeam its strange

i think the stats are wrong, somethings not adding up :confused:

are they rigged? @Rhubot

1 Like

The profile views stat has been broken for some time. It either underestimates or overestimates by a large margin.

@Resilient1 Can you clarify which user stats view you are referring to? Are you referring to your profile user stats or to the stats on the Users tab (that lists stats for all current users). Below is the user tab with your account listed first.

1 Like

yes its the stats on the users tab not my profile,

the stats seem to be a bit weird i dont understand them, the viewed part seems to be way off bc more members viewed me that what it says

Well, in the users tab, it only shows the stats for the past week/month/quarter/year depending on which one you click.

Here are your stats for all time

1 Like

i saw that but the viewed part is confusing me, is it how many times my topics have been viewed? idk

and is the read part what i have read or others that have read my topics?

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure “viewed” is how many times someone has clicked on your profile. “Read” is the number of topics or posts you have read (I forget which)

1 Like

so topic views dont show on the stats page? the viewed stat is how many people viewed my profile and its not working is that right?

As far as I know, that is all correct.

1 Like

@Resilient1 Your stats from the user tab for August 28th (at the time I took the screen snap 2 hrs ago) were in my previous post. The “Viewed” stat refers to the number of topics you clicked on and opened. The “Read” stat refers to the number of posts that you read.

You have to go to your user profile to see the number of times your profile has been viewed (this is the total number of views since your user profile was created).

1 Like

Ahhhhhh. I see. That’s where I was confused. Thanks for clarifying.

1 Like

I had to scour the Discourse Meta forum to locate that information. I kind of wish there was an easier way to figure out what some of the terms mean.