I don't really care about health

But for some reason I feel compelled to find better eating habits. I’m going to drink more water or mio. I’m going to try to eat more veggies and smoothies. Lots of eggs and some tuna. Less cheese. I don’t know what else.
I probably won’t make it work but it’s a moment.

4 Likes

Hey, at least your willing to try.

I need to do the same.

4 Likes

Since I start Zyprexa Monday night I’ll have to start eating very low calorie again.

3 Likes

Gotta quit them cigs my friend!!

2 Likes

Eat lots of eggs and veggies. Throw in some soup as well. Good for curving appetites.

2 Likes

Yeah not happening but weaning down. Now it is 6 a day and wanting to get down to 4

2 Likes

I just read something that said nicotine is beneficial for schizophrenia. So by smoking I’m practicing self care :blush:

2 Likes

Haha that’s awesome! Every time I say to my pdoc that I should quit smoking he says maybe you shouldn’t worry about that right now. Lol

2 Likes

You should. Because at age 58 not only will I deal with paranoid schizophrenia for the rest of my life but on top of that my past is catching up to me. The lower back is almost unbendable, the fatigue every day is disabling, I got the news that one kidney is damaged, my feet swell up and hurt, my teeth need dental work etc. Some of these conditions I could have prevented to a degree if I had done some things differently.

I just want to say that giving up on your health now will be harder in the long run than putting in some effort now to be a little healthier.

2 Likes

But how will I assure myself that I won’t live past 65?

I care about my health. I don’t run five miles everyday but I do quite a bit of walking. I could treat my teeth a little better but I’ve been mostly lucky with them…mostly.

Living 80 seconds or 80 years is irrelevant within the context of a space time singularity. We are only promised this moment so let’s enjoy it.

:innocent:

3 Likes

I don’t understand @FatMama. I’m hoping you aren’t suggesting you don’t want to live past 65?

Because personally, if I live only ten more years, at least I want to be a healthy old man with schizophrenia than a decrepit old man with schizophrenia.

2 Likes

I can’t imagine me making it to be an old man. But if I do I can ■■■■■ about the weather. Get a discount on food at the grocery store. Drive very slowly then speed up then slow down. Maybe work as a greeter at a big name store but just stare into space and not actually greet people. I could go sit by the lake and feed bread to ducks.

I’m making old age sound rather depressing. But it’s interesting. Some of the most best, wise people I know are seniors. I’ve learned a lot from them and most are eager to share their life with others. Maybe it won’t be as bad as I’m thinking.

4 Likes

Ah hell, lol, I think I do that.

Ah hell, but it’s so damn relaxing!

But I still have spirit in me and some energy. Those soldiers get a little wary of me at work sometimes and women still look great.

“There may be snow on the rooftop but there’s still a fire in the furnace.”

2 Likes

65 just seems a good age

It can be. Often, life is what you make it. Some older people end up in old folks homes in their sixties, some older people can still have an independent life well into their seventies or older. We may have schizophrenia but we still have choices and control over certain things. Hell, Ronald Reagan had power and ran the free world well into his seventies. Anyways, I know it ain’t easy because I wonder about my own future too.

1 Like

My parents are both in their mid 80s and are far healthier than I am.

1 Like

I think eggs are quite unhealthy aren’t they?
It’s good to try. I need to do the same

1 Like

I think you should give yourself a pat on the back everyone of you schizophrenia is difficult and you’re all still here!

2 Likes