Schizophrenia.com

I Can't Write Anymore

I guess I mean, I don’t want to more than I mean I can’t.

I love writing, but recently–by which I mean since I’ve come down from my first psychotic break and have been on medication–I’ve lost the will to write. I try to do it every single day, but whenever I do I become easily distracted or else I just can’t think of anything. When I don’t try to write, it feels like I have all kinds of ideas floating around in my head, but the moment I go to even write down the idea it vanishes like it was never there (it’s no wonder I had delusions of people stealing my thoughts).

Does anyone else feel this way when they’re normal? Like you just don’t have the will to break through your own mental wall?

0 Likes

it happens all the time, but you get used to it, you will have your good and bad days , try a dictaphone ! or what ever those things are called you talk into, that way you can remember your thoughts and ideas.
take care

1 Like

All the time. I can be here and write and write and go on and on but now that I have to write for class I’m having a hard time getting focused and getting to it. I am also battling a sense of failure. Well, I’m behind before I even try so why try… I will just go swim instead. Sometime for me it’s a true inability to concentrate and that is when I see I forgot my meds. Other times it’s crippling lack of self confidence.

But sometime after a swim, I feel great and then I can get the job done.

0 Likes

i find it hard to sit down at a pc and write so i scribble my ideas in notepads and type them up at a later date. my enemies have given me so much good material to write about. its just a case of having the discipline to write five pages a day. i willget there eventually. even if they don’t get published at least i can say that i did it. it doesn’t matter how long it takes u, just do a little when u feel like it. thats what i do. there’s no rush so i just take my time. xxx

0 Likes

I lost my want to write everything down when I realized it all got altered to fit the reality of those who did not like my version of the truth.

0 Likes

I am in the same boat with you.

Sometimes I got similar feelings about doing writing. Just felt hard to concentrate so easily got distracted. I drank coffee or teas to overcome this problem, yet barely had the effect.

0 Likes

@green5 I drink a lot of coffee myself, and also find it does nothing to help.

@jaynebeal I find it hard to write in any medium, but maybe trying more with pen and paper would help.

Thanks to everyone for responding!

0 Likes

i feel it really does help. that way i can write anywhere at any time i like and i’m not confined to times when the pc is available. if i wrote half as much fiction as i do ruminations and journals i’d have written 10 books by now!

0 Likes

I sometimes start with a pencil + paper, then graduate to the computer. Maybe it’s not quite as daunting that way.

0 Likes

A child crys in a room as if not to go to sleep a mother rests as if the day has her bet and I walk down the sandy road drifts of thoughts pass by the brown moon can not tell me why and if I don’t write it down it wouldn’t come a live to all that I have said it worth good by.

0 Likes

hi pbbm, when it comes to posting i was like you at first trying to post on the old forum

i couldn’t write a proper sentence about myself, i was paranoid and scared so i started writing more in the creativity section and that helped my confidence, small poems and things about how i felt or how i thought i felt and it was a good way at practicing how i felt and writing it down so people could understand. straight thoughts straight from my head typed properly and sometimes people commented and i would try and comment on others poems that i thought were good.

in regards to the diagnosed forum, i posted very simple things at first because i had little knowledge or insight and i was looking for answers, i kept trying to interact despite the paranoia etc but i still had to change my name a few times. hope this helps.

0 Likes