I can't cry on meds

Is this happening to anyone else? I’m on Olanzapine and Cipralex. I wish I could have a good cry right now but I can’t.

2 Likes

Yes, I find it very difficult to cry…whether it’s the meds or the sz I don’t know.

3 Likes

I can’t either I finally miss it too it’s been a really long time now. I thought it was blunted affect but maybe it’s the meds

1 Like

I think its the meds @Bowens @anon64158233

1 Like

same here…feels like hell…

2 Likes

My brother’s dog died and we live together, and I couldn’t really cry when I wanted to then, I forced it out eventually but the medicine was making it very hard.

2 Likes

It’s bad sometimes life throws a touching story your way - I had a moment with my dentist and we shared stories and his(thank goodness) made something in my eye get reflective he made such a warm smile when it went down like that … you need moments like that you know? He just retired too, he was my dentist for like 35 years.

1 Like

I did cry on meds but its much harder.

1 Like

Listen to sad songs maybe or songs you listened to when you were desperate etc Listening to songs I used to listen while psychotic makes me have some tears.

2 Likes

I can rarely cry but have an unfortunate problem crying at inappropriate times which can be quite embarrassing

1 Like

I cry some on meds. When I was in the hospital I cried at least 3 times Idk what got into me. But it was probably whatever got me into the hospital

1 Like

I’ve been listening to sad songs and I still can’t cry. I’ve also been thinking of how I might be homeless soon and even that isn’t making me cry. Fu-ck!!!

1 Like

I can’t cry, either. I might get one or two tears out, but that’s it. And it sucks because sometimes you need a good cry.

1 Like

@anon4362788 - I agree, I think its healthy to let out a good cry every once in a while.

Yeah, it is good to cry at time. I wish I could.

1 Like

take it easy my friend.beleive in yourself.things will get better.eventually they do.

1 Like

Thanks @oulabi

1 Like

I barely cried when my mother died. And I was devastated. It just wouldn’t really come out as tears.

1 Like

I can barely cry it doesn’t happen very often

1 Like

I can still cry on meds. I usually try not to though.

1 Like