I barely leave my house

I barely leave my home.
I will venture outside to go to doctors appointments and will help my father take my mom to day care twice a week.

Occasionally I will go to a store with my dad.

Are you guys homebodies too?

I have Agoraphobia also.

16 Likes

I’ve gotten to where I hate leaving the house.

It just makes me so anxious.

My husband wants to go on a date tonight and I don’t even want to do that.

7 Likes

I’m sorry @anon54386108.
I know how you feel.

6 Likes

I’m very similar. I’m agoraphobic/socially anxious. I always think I’m going to embarrass myself, even though my gf says I never do.

5 Likes

I’m agoraphobic, socially anxious, fearful and paranoid.
I’m just a mess!

6 Likes

I usually stay around the house as well. I have social anxiety but I do manage to get out every week or so.

2 Likes

Hi wave. Today is one of those days here. If you get out walk around in the yard would help. I paced outside.

2 Likes

I’m the same I just stay home unless I have to go shopping. It’s lonely and boring.

2 Likes

I took a very short walk down my street.
At least it’s something.

3 Likes

Drs appointments, grocery shopping and if I take Ativan the occasional outing, but that’s it. I just can’t handle the anxiety anymore. But I’m working on it. My husband really wants me to be more social so we can do more things. I see how easy it is for him to talk to people when we are out and about and I get envious, and everyone loves him. It’s just not easy for me.

3 Likes

At least you are trying @Leaf.
Good for you!

4 Likes

True. 1515@5151515

2 Likes

When you go out do you get really overwhelmed and then your head feels like it’s getting all noisy and you can’t think straight anymore?

3 Likes

I just feel really uneasy.
I can’t explain it but I feel unsafe.
I’m afraid of everything.

6 Likes

Just put on headphones :slight_smile: that’s what I do haha it helps block out the negative thoughts when your mind is focused on some positive music

4 Likes

That’s the way I am exactly. I only leave my room to go to day treatment from 8:00 am to 2:15 pm. I spend almost all the rest of my time in my room.

2 Likes

I’ve been feeling the same way.

I work, lounge, have my tea.

Only weekends I am actually leaving the house. Even though we had good weather this week. I don’t want to do much. I’m really loving isolating myself for days.

5 Likes

Me too it is a torture to go outside. I feel like going crazy and that they are all actors.

5 Likes

I have generalized anxiety about going out. I will be able to handle it with the help of my meds, but up until leaving I will resist going out. I’m a definite homebody.

2 Likes

I don’t like to go out, just because of how uncomfortable people try to make your life.

2 Likes