I am wondering if I should cancel CBT

I didn’t find it useful and I have just had my first psychosis relapse after 10 years… I don’t think pushing myself now is a good idea although I am looking for work but I am taking my time.

1 Like

i didn’t go through with therapy cause it felt like too much for me… i only went to the psychologist once and after that i never went back cause i felt like i had so many things going on already.

2 Likes

Yeah I think it might not be for me at this point in time but maybe some therapy on its own will help to go through the stuff that happened because it was traumatic.

2 Likes

If you are trying to receive disability payments then seeing a therapist can only help your case.

3 Likes

That’s a good point I need to bring this up with my therapist… I have sent enough evidence but I doubt I will get anywhere with it… Applied 4 times now.

2 Likes

Some say it helps them but it didnt for me, just made me stressed.

1 Like

Maybe things are a bit different in the United States.
Seeing both a psychiatrist and therapist helps my case.

3 Likes

I don’t understand what the problem with them is, or whether its because the psychiatrists and therepists office never pick up calls… it might be because the disability people just cant get through to them for them to talk about my case…

1 Like

yea i can imagine that it helps… here they don’t expect you to go to a therapist but it would help for sure… but i can’t bring myself up to it anymore as it really stresses me out.

2 Likes

@anon80629714 best of luck with whatever you decide. I’m sorry the disability are being such Pricks, it seems obvious that you qualify with your condition.

1 Like

There is a critera that they think I don’t score any points for. I was very anxious at the appointment but they gave me zero marks for everything and said I didn’t need help.

2 Likes

@anon80629714 it seems like typical politics in the medical system. Deny, deny, deny

When I attempted to commit suicide, they released me from the hospital within 1 hour. It took my sister taking me there and insisting I be institutionalized that finally got me into the hospital. What a joke

Don’t give up

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.