I am sad in the morning

I am so sad in the morning, too depressed to wake up. What can I do to make me eager to wakeup?

How about a morning routine. Maybe having tea or coffee. I am talking out of my ass because I have a hard time too. Today I woke up at 8am. Got online, went back to sleep and got up at 12pm. Still a lot of work getting out of bed.

3 Likes

Yea coffee in the morning helps me to properly wakeup. 2 cups.

2 Likes

Try gentle exercise after having a cup of coffee or caffeinated tea. It gets your endorphins kicking and help you feel better

2 Likes

I am also struggling with Depression, and with that I also struggle to get up. I try to have a basic routine - set an alarm on my phone, get up and dressed, nice cup of coffee and watch some of my favourite tv show. Doesn’t always work, but I give it a red hot go.

4 Likes

Yeah routine. Set an alarm and force yourself up. I try to take meds same time everyday. It helps your body get used to them and structure is important for sz where you get negatives. It really can help and exercise is so good for you and cheap to do.

3 Likes

Yes, I agree with the others!

A morning routine, heck, maybe a whole day routine if possible.

Like morning could be coffee and walk when the air is still fresh.

I like to do mindfulness too, you could check out some YouTube videos on that if you’re interested.

Take care.

1 Like

Morning is the worst time of day for me. I empathize. I set an alarm for an hour earlier than I want to get up so I can hit snooze a few times and still be okay. Then I have to will myself out of bed. Once I’m sitting up and have my feet on the floor, I’ve done it, the hardest part is over. And my day just goes on from there!

1 Like

make up something to look forward to. get it ready the night before so it requires no effort in the morning and is immediately gratifying.

1 Like

i follow the others here… a routine helps a lot… i have my routine for most of the day and it helps me to get up…

1 Like

Yep, the morning routine works, when I wake up I take my meds, eat my breakfast, have two cups of coffee and then typically I check the Internet and this forum… try to create the routine that works for you, you can do it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.