I am not good at recognizing people

If someone has a few changes on their face such that they look a little older or fatter than before, I am not able to recognize her as the same person. The same person comes to me as different individuals. A while ago, I was confused if he was the same person that I know on TV. Is this a part of social disability(social perception, human face perception) or am I too perceptive to distinguish the little differences? I always wondered.

I am not sure. Haven’t heard it before

1 Like

I’m the same way, I got slapped in the face for asking a gal to dance, turned out she was a old GF LOL, she changed her hair lost weight and it had been a long time since I seen her.

2 Likes

These are your results from the Exposure Based Face Memory Test.

You got 56 of 75 questions correct. The average score is 63.7. Your score is higher than 5.5% of other people who take this test.

Scores below 40 may indicate prosopagnosia.

1 Like

They had a guy on TV that could not recognize anyone, even if his wife walked in the room, he would sort of know he knew her

1 Like

Wow, I am not in that degree but this could be an impairment!

These are your results from the Exposure Based Face Memory Test.

You got 50 of 75 questions correct. The average score is 63.7. Your score is higher than 1.62% of other people who take this test.

But I think it is weird. If people are able to discriminate different emotions, social cues, on people’s face, they are regarded as sociable. But I can discriminate different changes of faces, but why is this a disability? :thinking::thinking: Anyway, first I need to take the test!

I get this too - big time. Especially when there is a change of haircut

1 Like

I have the same problem. I have a hard time recognizing people. I think it’s schizophrenia doing it.

I got 59 out of 75

When I look at mug shots of the same person over time I still can’t identify him/her. I don’t know how the police do it. Maybe that’s really hard to do. I am lucky to remember my own kid’s faces when we’re out in public. I accidentally tried to herd some other kid into my group at Chuck E Cheese. At least the parent thought it was funny.

I was unable to take the test after a minute because I found the faces threatening…:unamused:

I have a difficult time recognizing faces too.

I am very good at recognizing people, and distinguishing between different people.

You got 55 of 75 questions correct. The average score is 63.7. Your score is higher than 4.27% of other people who take this test.

Better than I thought I would do.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.