I am failure

i was failure at university too i failed many time until i manage to finish …after 9 years of studies
i m now choose to be finanacial successful
but i am no more than stingy person

so i choose not to pursue further postgraduate studies
nor become finanacially successful
i have nothing in my hand

should i suicide becoz i am failure ?:sob::sob::sob::sob:

Never! You still have plenty of life before you. It’s way too early to throw in the towel.

2 Likes

I got kicked out of university and college. Talk about failure. Just keep plugging along. It’s what we do.

4 Likes

I failed university but have lived a great life after getting onto meds. It’s a little different from most but I like what I do and life is rewarding.

Try to do one positive thing a day. Whether that is a walk to get more exercise or talk to someone different…just one little thing a day and after a week you’ve made some progress. Sure you will suffer setbacks but don’t accept second best and strive for something better.

6 Likes

If you are feeling suicidal, please tell someone — a friend or family member, a teacher, a doctor or therapist or call 911 (if you’re in the U.S.) or the Emergency Medical Services phone number in your country.

You can also call a suicide prevention hotline—these are available in the U.S. and in many other countries.

International suicide hotlines:

http://www.suicide.org/international-suicide-hotlines.html

Suicide hotlines in the U.S.:

https://afsp.org/find-support/

More resources:

5 Likes

Sounds to me like you did succeed, it just took you longer. What degree did you get?

bachelor in pharmacy

How did you feel when you graduated? I dropped out and never finished. What would post grad be for that?

sorry i am in chat with support person
i ll be back to you as soon as possible

1 Like

You win some , you lose some. You can’t win 'em all. You are good at something, you just have to find out what it is.

When you are schizophrenic you have to make adjustments and compromise more than the average person. I felt like giving up in the beginning, in fact the first two years I was sick I really didn’t accomplish anything except if you count that my family included me in many of the things they did and the places they went. And I had no close friends in the group home or the hospital but some people liked me and we talked and other people were friendly to me and I was friendly back. Not a whole lot of people though.

But anyways, yeah from ages 19-21 I saw no real future or had any real goals. But once I got out of the hospital, I did what they told me and took my medication and saw the shrink regularly and soon I became employed at age 23 and have stayed employed almost steadily since then.

Now at age 59 I’m looking back on working almost 40 years, I attended college for years, I’ve had cars, money every now and then. But my jobs weren’t being a lawyer or a doctor or a businessman. I had to adjust and I unloaded trucks, and became a park ranger for a couple years, and stocked shelves and did other labor jobs. I didn’t make great money but I made enough to buy CD’s, nice clothes, maintain a car, and buy a few luxuries along the way.

Maybe work ain’t your thing, but maybe something else is. Hell, get creative. I took a karate class when I was about 24 or 25. That’s creative! Once, my sister dragged me to a square dancing class! I couldn’t dance worth a damn but I stayed the whole two hours. I used play volleyball at a bar when my sister and her ex-husband took me along.

It’s a weird world, “A great big world with lots of places to run to”. RIP Tom Petty. But there’s activities you might be good at. You already know what you aren’t good at, now forget about them and spend your energy on finding things you are good at. You don’t even have to be great at them. Find something you are mediocre at and do it, it’s better than nothing.

3 Likes

Me too, i can’t manage an unmanageable situation. Judging a fish by its abilty to climb a tree.

1 Like

You are not a failure… you managed to finish… I had one year left and couldn’t finish… now I’m trying to study something else. Don’t give up. Once you have life there is hope.

2 Likes

i got illness while i was 20 y old
at this time i had already good habit of studying well
so that helped me much :slight_smile:

We grow up getting rewards doing wanted stuff. A stick for unwanted results. With a carrot and a stick you make any donkey move. A drugsnifferdog get rewarded with 5 min . ball-time.

thank you
this really helped me

1 Like

That’s good that you can apply yourself to things, that should serve you well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.