Hydrocephalus

@Malvok how’s that, better?
I found you on facebook one day, not like things are a huge secret - lol

There is a civil and supportive site called 4Chan. I heard it was pretty good from this other forum I used to post at.

I’m easy to find. I don’t worry much about people knowing who I am or that I’m ill. I actually almost resigned usernames and was going to just go by my real name on the Internet, as I do on Google+ and Facebook, but I’m lazy.

I haven’t heard of that one.

I do need a support system for brain surgery, tough to find a group of brain surgery-aware folks, I did find a hydrocephalus group on facebook, very helpful for any of you wanting to learn more about it.

it’s what premie babies are born with, hydrocephalus, and premie babies get shunts, perhaps some of us are premie babies who survived, don’t know what hydrocephalus treatment was like in the 60s when I was born . it doesn’t fall under psychiatry. and NO I wasn’t considered a paranoid Sz until my head filled up with spinal fluid around the age of 45 or so.

Okay. It is a suggestion for others to look into the possibility of there being this added component to our Schizophrenia, but I think for here it is best to leave it at that. We don’t want people giving up on their medicine. So maybe just edit your posts and people will be more accepting. We don’t want to condone throwing the baby out with the bath.

5 Likes

I’m not sure what you mean… I’ve been diagnosed with both paranoid Sz and hydrocephalus, and my psych nurse didn’t want to see me anymore, she doesn’t handle neurological conditions.

I’m just sharing my experiences , as unbelievable as they may seem to some people here.

I’m saying you shouldn’t tell people to give up on their diagnosis of Schizophrenia or their own psychiatrist.

ha, :wink:
it was a bicycle, i always say bike.
but i agree with you motocycles are indeed very dangerous.